Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

#91lt519Posted 1/31/2013 10:12:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#92MarioMan847Posted 1/31/2013 10:14:18 AM
justin_mc posted...
Nintendo consoles have been my main source of gaming for my entire life. Nintendo has always been my go-to company.

---
Video games are awesome.
#93timborobotPosted 1/31/2013 10:15:29 AM
In the past Nintendo was always my thing. I have every Nintendo system except for VirtualBoy, 3DS, and WiiU (every version of GameBoy included) and a decent game collection for each, my NES and SNES being the most accomplished. But like you are saying... After the Wii I got a PS3. These days the most active of my Nintendo consoles is the NES and I play PS3 for the most part.
---
This message was made with recycled electrons.
#94Nintendoboy77Posted 1/31/2013 10:16:37 AM
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.

I main Nintendo consoles. Have all my life. But I do play games on 360/PS3.
#95designheroPosted 1/31/2013 10:56:12 AM
I mained the NES, SNES, N64 & Gamecube. Never owned any Sega systems or the first two Playstations. I didn't ever buy a Wii, nor do I plan on buying a Wii U in the foreseeable future. I did play a few Wii games, but the controller always turned me off.

Guess I'm just an old school gamer who matured and Nintendo lost its appeal. Nowadays I main 360, but do have PS3 that's used for a handful of exclusives and as my Blu-ray player.

I do still enjoy Mario and Zelda games though.
---
GT: fluoddity
#96Overlord9011Posted 1/31/2013 10:56:52 AM
I main Nintendo consoles and play multiplats on pc. That said, PS2 is still my favourite console.
---
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#97imagine606Posted 1/31/2013 10:58:29 AM
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.

This past generation is the first one where the Nintendo console wasn't my main one. N64 and Gamecube were both awesome, Gamecube has been criminally underrated.
#98robinhoekPosted 1/31/2013 11:00:00 AM
I typically main Nintendo consoles until there is a considerable backlog on my other systems and then switch. I also go through console/handheld cycles. With Fire Emblem out soon I will be neglecting all but my 3DS for awhile.
#99CalibuhrrPosted 1/31/2013 11:01:14 AM
I mained SNES, N64, and Gamecube, but after 3 Gamecube's lens died on me I said f*** this and moved to PS2. Best console IMO, then I sold it for a Wii. Fun at first, then after 3 months I realized it was the worst decision of my life. Then and got a 360. Then bought a PS3 to play inFAMOUS, Uncharted, and MGS4. And right now I'm just switching between those two systems. But now, I've been playing a bunch of Nintendo classics (Wind Waker, Smash Bros, Metroid, Star Fox) and realized how great Nintendo's IPs actually were, so I'm buying a Wii U after all those announcements. And if there's a Gamecube virtual console... It will be my main. I love Gamecube omfg.
#100CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 11:02:38 AM
diggyfresh posted...
wskingws posted...

some gamers do. kids that don't make buying decisions are forced to go 100% Nintendo when their parents just buy a Wii and that's it.

casual gamers likely go 100% wii. they don't have much of a preference, just get what they know.

I know more casual gamers with ps360 then Wii/u. They consider themselves hardcore but that doesn't change the fact hat their not.