Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?
(message deleted)

User Info: MarioMan847

MarioMan847
3 years ago#92
justin_mc posted...
Nintendo consoles have been my main source of gaming for my entire life. Nintendo has always been my go-to company.
Video games are awesome.

User Info: timborobot

timborobot
3 years ago#93
In the past Nintendo was always my thing. I have every Nintendo system except for VirtualBoy, 3DS, and WiiU (every version of GameBoy included) and a decent game collection for each, my NES and SNES being the most accomplished. But like you are saying... After the Wii I got a PS3. These days the most active of my Nintendo consoles is the NES and I play PS3 for the most part.
This message was made with recycled electrons.

User Info: Nintendoboy77

Nintendoboy77
3 years ago#94
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.

I main Nintendo consoles. Have all my life. But I do play games on 360/PS3.

User Info: designhero

designhero
3 years ago#95
I mained the NES, SNES, N64 & Gamecube. Never owned any Sega systems or the first two Playstations. I didn't ever buy a Wii, nor do I plan on buying a Wii U in the foreseeable future. I did play a few Wii games, but the controller always turned me off.

Guess I'm just an old school gamer who matured and Nintendo lost its appeal. Nowadays I main 360, but do have PS3 that's used for a handful of exclusives and as my Blu-ray player.

I do still enjoy Mario and Zelda games though.
GT: fluoddity

User Info: Overlord9011

Overlord9011
3 years ago#96
I main Nintendo consoles and play multiplats on pc. That said, PS2 is still my favourite console.
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: imagine606

imagine606
3 years ago#97
wskingws posted...
The way I see it the last 3 Nintendo consoles have been secondary consoles, people usually have their main console in this case being the ps3/xbox360 then the Nintendo console which they don't play as often as the other ones.

Does anyone actually goes 100% Nintendo & won't play games that aren't released on Nintendo consoles?

This is a serious question. I'm curious because with the "stronger third party support" Nintendo promised I was thinking on making the wii u my main console but after seeing how some of the third party games perform on it (and the lack of players on online games like black ops 2) i quickly dropped that idea.

This past generation is the first one where the Nintendo console wasn't my main one. N64 and Gamecube were both awesome, Gamecube has been criminally underrated.

User Info: robinhoek

robinhoek
3 years ago#98
I typically main Nintendo consoles until there is a considerable backlog on my other systems and then switch. I also go through console/handheld cycles. With Fire Emblem out soon I will be neglecting all but my 3DS for awhile.

User Info: Calibuhrr

Calibuhrr
3 years ago#99
I mained SNES, N64, and Gamecube, but after 3 Gamecube's lens died on me I said f*** this and moved to PS2. Best console IMO, then I sold it for a Wii. Fun at first, then after 3 months I realized it was the worst decision of my life. Then and got a 360. Then bought a PS3 to play inFAMOUS, Uncharted, and MGS4. And right now I'm just switching between those two systems. But now, I've been playing a bunch of Nintendo classics (Wind Waker, Smash Bros, Metroid, Star Fox) and realized how great Nintendo's IPs actually were, so I'm buying a Wii U after all those announcements. And if there's a Gamecube virtual console... It will be my main. I love Gamecube omfg.

User Info: CaptainMoose

CaptainMoose
3 years ago#100
diggyfresh posted...
wskingws posted...

some gamers do. kids that don't make buying decisions are forced to go 100% Nintendo when their parents just buy a Wii and that's it.

casual gamers likely go 100% wii. they don't have much of a preference, just get what they know.

I know more casual gamers with ps360 then Wii/u. They consider themselves hardcore but that doesn't change the fact hat their not.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does anybody actually "mains" Nintendo consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived