Nintendo lists Wii U sales (in 2012) as 1.9million

#31Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/31/2013 10:06:04 AM
"Shipped" and "Sold to consumers" are the exact same thing to Nintendo. Nintendo sells products to retailers, not directly to consumers. The units retailers buy is all Nintendo cares about. Of course, if surplus unsold units sit on the shelves, they won't buy more, but that's not the case (note: sales figures for each month, they're going up).

We're not going to go through this again and explain it to the dumb people on Gamefaqs. You should also ignore the topic creator. He takes the cake--or perhaps icecreamsandwich?--for stupidity and trolling.

Oh gosh go take a basic business class please. Even a community college would do wonders for your ignorance.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#32Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:16:59 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
"Shipped" and "Sold to consumers" are the exact same thing to Nintendo. Nintendo sells products to retailers, not directly to consumers. The units retailers buy is all Nintendo cares about. Of course, if surplus unsold units sit on the shelves, they won't buy more, but that's not the case (note: sales figures for each month, they're going up).

We're not going to go through this again and explain it to the dumb people on Gamefaqs. You should also ignore the topic creator. He takes the cake--or perhaps icecreamsandwich?--for stupidity and trolling.

Oh gosh go take a basic business class please. Even a community college would do wonders for your ignorance.

Don't expect much from him, lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#33RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 10:19:17 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Don't expect much from him, lol

He also called you an idiot. lol

DUNWICH HERR DERR
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#34Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:20:50 AM
People lash out at me for the silliest reasons, just gotta ignore them~
---
#35Sharky8Posted 1/31/2013 10:49:53 AM
SteamedRice posted...
Sharky8 posted...
SteamedRice posted...
Sharky8 posted...

I don't think anyone will want an explanation of how business and sales works from you after what you wrote.

Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft do not keep track of or release information about "units sold to consumers." They keep track of and release information ONLY on units sold to retailers.

That's all you need to know.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130130e.pdf

Oh ok!. For awhile I thought companies like to figure market demands and plan accordingly to meet those demands and make money but they just worry about their products making it to store shelves and that sales forecast means nothing. I learned a lot today.

Read the last part of my first post: "Of course, if surplus unsold units sit on the shelves, they won't buy more, but that's not the case (note: sales figures for each month, they're going up)."

As long as sales (and by "sales" I mean units sold to retailers) increases every month (or quarter) Nintendo is happy because that indicates retailers are buying more units to meet the continued and growing demand of their customers.

The actual sales figures to customers is irrelevant, because it's self evident in the number of units sold to retailers, if that numbers continues to grow (indicating retailers are buying more to meet consumer demand). We don't need to know the actual consumer demand because we can infer it from the retail demand (i.e. "units shipped to stores."

If you'd take the time to read company press releases and quarterly or yearly sales reports, you'd understand this. Nintendo does not report customer purchases. They report only units shipped to retailers.
#36Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:39:28 PM
Bump, fanboys still think they sold 3 million.
---
#37Rasputin77Posted 2/1/2013 12:45:41 PM
New GameFAQs rule: You're not allowed to post if you can't discern between "shipped" and "sold".

squatch22 posted...
Dont disagree with IceCream...
He might get hurt and call u mentally handicapped...

In your case, squatch, it isn't just an insult... but thank you for being there to nip at his heels once again. You were saying something about... being hurt? ;)

Please, just stop posting, or admit you aren't really 29.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#38SychinLegacyPosted 2/1/2013 1:13:53 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Bump, fanboys still think they sold 3 million.

They did sell 3 million. You might want to be more specific if you meant only 1.9 were purchased by consumers.
#39geneticsftwPosted 2/1/2013 1:33:57 PM
To understand better, when the store buys them the units or only on loan? Does that mean that all the stores didn't buy them. Funny how this shipped term became more popular after the ps3 was said to have outsold the xbox360.
---
Sweet
#40Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:25:12 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
New GameFAQs rule: You're not allowed to post if you can't discern between "shipped" and "sold".

squatch22 posted...
Dont disagree with IceCream...
He might get hurt and call u mentally handicapped...

In your case, squatch, it isn't just an insult... but thank you for being there to nip at his heels once again. You were saying something about... being hurt? ;)

Please, just stop posting, or admit you aren't really 29.

She is 14.
---