Why still no games with Accomplishments?

#1BadreviewPosted 1/31/2013 3:35:32 AM
I can understand Nintendo made games, but come on? What about Black Ops 2 or AC3?

What happened to trying to appeal to the "Core" audience?
#2Kano92Posted 1/31/2013 3:49:02 AM
Are you telling me that nintendo does not have either trophies/achievements for there games you got to be kidding me. So that includes 3rd party games too ? if so wow, what garbage. I did not know that. I have not had a nintendo console since snes.
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so
#3YamiYugi4400Posted 1/31/2013 3:51:10 AM
They'll have console wide trophies on their next console
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#4s2goodPosted 1/31/2013 3:51:29 AM
Totally rubbish. I want them now. Then I may go back and play the games.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#5KAMMYqueenPosted 1/31/2013 3:51:54 AM
oh no are we starting this again
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#6MotiJrPosted 1/31/2013 3:54:23 AM
Oh no! No pointless virtual rewards to improve my self esteem because I don't want to try feeling a sense of accomplishment by doing something actually worthwhile. Why learn a new skill that can be used in your actual life when you can pop in a disc and get a reward for turning on the system and completing mission 1. Woohooo
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#7Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:56:28 AM
MotiJr posted...
Oh no! No pointless virtual rewards to improve my self esteem because I don't want to try feeling a sense of accomplishment by doing something actually worthwhile. Why learn a new skill that can be used in your actual life when you can pop in a disc and get a reward for turning on the system and completing mission 1. Woohooo

Say what you will about it, but this is what "SOME" gamers like to do. In fact there are people who dedicate a ton of time with a game because of Accomplishments.

There is nothing wrong with appealing to that crowd especially if they are trying to cater to the PS3 and 360 crowd by catering more to the "core" gamers.
#8YamiYugi4400Posted 1/31/2013 3:57:42 AM
Badreview posted...
MotiJr posted...

Say what you will about it, but this is what "SOME" gamers like to do. In fact there are people who dedicate a ton of time with a game because of Accomplishments.

There is nothing wrong with appealing to that crowd especially if they are trying to cater to the PS3 and 360 crowd by catering more to the "core" gamers.

You can just ignore his posts
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#9digiblasterPosted 1/31/2013 3:57:53 AM
There are two updates coming in the first half of the year - it's not implausible that they'll add Accomplishments with one of them.

It'd be a nice little feature, but that's all it would be. I like Achievements myself, but it's not a big deal that they don't have them yet. It's a sign of poor game design if you need achievements to make you want to carry on playing a game.
#10Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:59:38 AM
digiblaster posted...
There are two updates coming in the first half of the year - it's not implausible that they'll add Accomplishments with one of them.

It'd be a nice little feature, but that's all it would be. I like Achievements myself, but it's not a big deal that they don't have them yet. It's a sign of poor game design if you need achievements to make you want to carry on playing a game.

To me it's a big deal, it potentially adds more gameplay to games that are already good or popular.