Why still no games with Accomplishments?

#101Qwert408Posted 1/31/2013 5:34:17 PM
Haha I see topics like this and want to blow myself up. People that not only acknowledge the existence of Achievements, but care so much? Pathetic takes on a whole new meaning.
---
Tell me I'm pretty. - SSJGrimReaper
One time I accidentally my life. I've never recovered. - Doom2006
#102Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:17:49 AM
Terotrous posted...
Badreview posted...
than why not have accomplishments along with in game challenges. What exactly is the harm?

The fact that achievements are pooled from all of your games and summed up is the entire problem. That's the source of both of the main problems with achievements - people wouldn't play bad games to farm achievements or spend a lot of time trying to get an achievement that isn't fun if they weren't worried about their overall tally.

Wow, the people on these boards are truly moronic. Again who are you to say Hunting for Achievements is not fun? To some people they are.

So what is the negative with that? it's quite sad the amount of ignorance Nintendo fans have. They think they are so cool no matter what they do.
#103Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:20:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#104Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:24:19 AM
GloryChaos posted...

Sure, other people may like them. And I would see no harm in Nintendo including them (not that I would suddenly actively go after them or anything). I just can't see why this would be a deal breaker for anyone. Are there really people out there who purchase games just to obtain another trophy?

Yes there are. Not only that but there are people who also want to play through games to get Achievements once they beat the game.
#105Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:26:37 AM
robinhoek posted...
A true "core" gamer doesn't need achievements. They need games. I'm not anti achievement but I think it's nonsense to call achievements anything but casual. I remember the days when just conquering a game was all that was needed to be satisfied. It didn't require validation through crappy achievement systems.

I guess you forgot about really hard Achievements that are somehow supposedly casual.

you're assuming that all Achievements are easy.

Depending on your definition of "Core" needing games and playing them are entirely different.
#106Wario_manPosted 2/1/2013 1:40:45 AM
Thing is, anything an achievement required them to do in the game, they could do it anyway if they were or were not supported.
But a person just playing a game has to get those annoying notifications all the time that take you out of the moment reminding you that you stepped outside your character's house.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#107Badreview(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:43:25 AM
Wario_man posted...
Thing is, anything an achievement required them to do in the game, they could do it anyway if they were or were not supported.
But a person just playing a game has to get those annoying notifications all the time that take you out of the moment reminding you that you stepped outside your character's house.

Not if Nintendo Improves it by letting people turn off the notification.

Let a lone those notifications only last a few seconds, hardly distracting.
#108Board_hunter567Posted 2/1/2013 1:59:11 AM(edited)
While Nintendo is to blame for mucking up the whole account thing to begin with, if a game doesn't even have offline ones then it's the developers fault (heck, I have plenty of DS games that have this feature - even ones made by Nintendo).

And while I don't particularly care for Achievements/Trophies/Accomplishments/Medals/whatever, it is something Nintendo needs to implement at some point because, well, some people do care.
#109Wario_manPosted 2/1/2013 2:16:10 AM
So if people want no motion controls, no screen controls, and decent online Nintendo don't have to do it because they don't have to give in to peer pressure but when people care about Achievements they need to get their act together?
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#110ElectricMolePosted 2/1/2013 2:20:22 AM
MotiJr posted...
Oh no! No pointless virtual rewards to improve my self esteem because I don't want to try feeling a sense of accomplishment by doing something actually worthwhile. Why learn a new skill that can be used in your actual life when you can pop in a disc and get a reward for turning on the system and completing mission 1. Woohooo

WTF are you playing video games in the first place?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188