Nintendo says no price drop soon; well what's the damn rush anyway???

#1EstilPosted 1/31/2013 4:35:19 AM
I mean for God's sake people, the "console with the funny college name" has only been out two months! And even the deluxe console is only be around 2/3 to maybe 1/2 the price of what the PS4 and X720 will be, which are probably still at least a year away.

Folks, the WiiU is more than affordable enough for what you get and what's no doubt coming up. And for everyone whining about it, give the console a fair chance. Don't just jump to conclusions after only two months.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#2ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 4:42:15 AM
I agree. Nintendo loses money on each Wii U sold and people still call it overpriced? If the reasoning is that there aren't any games then try to think of it this way: the earlier you buy it, the longer your console will be supported. :p
#3STN79Posted 1/31/2013 4:53:23 AM
Aren't sales pretty slow this time of year anyway? I mean jeeze this thing was barely born and it's all doom and gloom for Nintendo. I'm guessing most of these naysayers weren't even alive when Nes and Snes were around. Otherwise they'd have a little more faith.
#4dougsdad0629Posted 1/31/2013 4:57:38 AM
Estil posted...
I mean for God's sake people, the "console with the funny college name" has only been out two months! And even the deluxe console is only be around 2/3 to maybe 1/2 the price of what the PS4 and X720 will be, which are probably still at least a year away.

Folks, the WiiU is more than affordable enough for what you get and what's no doubt coming up. And for everyone whining about it, give the console a fair chance. Don't just jump to conclusions after only two months.

Keep telling yourself that about the price of the 720 and PS4. Guaranteed they'll come in at 350-400 if not less.
---
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.
#5WithYouForYouPosted 1/31/2013 4:58:51 AM
dougsdad0629 posted...
Estil posted...

Keep telling yourself that about the price of the 720 and PS4. Guaranteed they'll come in at 350-400 if not less.

I can't believe you delusional people actually think the 720/ps4 will be sub $500.
#6JackalPosted 1/31/2013 5:08:45 AM
We know nothing about the cost of Sony or Microsoft's next consoles. Please stop speculating.

If there was a price drop now it would be a sign of failure for sure. I would love one myself since I haven't bought one yet but it's not going to happen yet. Maybe by E3 if we're lucky.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#7STN79Posted 1/31/2013 5:09:16 AM
I don't see how PS4 could possibly cost less than PS3 did at launch. Wouldn't newer technology and more features have to be more expensive? If that thing is even close to 500 dollars I ain't buyin it. I could probably get a good PC for that price.
#8JackalPosted 1/31/2013 5:18:57 AM
Bluray was a big part of the cost. Like a lot of people say around here, bluray is cheap now. They, Sony and Microsoft, could push these consoles out at $400. The rumored 160 GB laptop drive is dirt cheap and will probably still as allow us to upgrade with Sony systems. It's just to early to know.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#9Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:21:26 AM
Yes folks, don't you remember what they were when the first came out? Let me refresh everyone's memory:

X360: $400 ($463 adjusted for inflation)
PS3: $600 ($705 adjusted for inflation)

Granted the X360 started out not that much higher but I don't see the so-called "not a real 8th gen system" crapping out RROD's over and over. :P
---
#10Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:24:05 AM
Jackal posted...
Bluray was a big part of the cost. Like a lot of people say around here, bluray is cheap now. They, Sony and Microsoft, could push these consoles out at $400. The rumored 160 GB laptop drive is dirt cheap and will probably still as allow us to upgrade with Sony systems. It's just to early to know.

Indeed, I respect Nintendo for doing the right thing and not forcing customers to pay extra for a gimmick like DVD/Blu-ray playability that most people who want already have. :P I mean I'm all for extra features and so on but remember they're supposed to be game consoles first!
---