Nintendo says no price drop soon; well what's the damn rush anyway???

#11GLDanzegoPosted 1/31/2013 6:31:15 AM
The rush is about people somehow forgetting that it's not typical for a system to have a price drop within the first 10 months to a year. Every single time a system releases, some folks start asking about price drops right away; many times before the system even hits the streets.

Granted, Nintendo didn't help matters much when they cut the price of the 3DS so quickly, which now leads too many people to believe that's going to happen for every game system, but that's what they got for gouging. Every other system I ever recall owning (and, well, that amounts to almost every major console since the Atari 2600) saw no such thing. Sometimes one will see a price cut right before a year's time, but that's about it.
#12cloudriveraPosted 1/31/2013 6:38:19 AM
I don't know about Sony, but Microsoft is in a position where they can sell their new system for say $99 or $199 with a subscription. They are doing that now with the 360 and it has been successful so far. If they do that, then a lot of people would be able to get the 720 right away, even if they have to pay monthly.
---
currently playing: COD:Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Asura's Wrath
#13icarus231Posted 1/31/2013 6:53:32 AM
dougsdad0629 posted...
Estil posted...
I mean for God's sake people, the "console with the funny college name" has only been out two months! And even the deluxe console is only be around 2/3 to maybe 1/2 the price of what the PS4 and X720 will be, which are probably still at least a year away.

Folks, the WiiU is more than affordable enough for what you get and what's no doubt coming up. And for everyone whining about it, give the console a fair chance. Don't just jump to conclusions after only two months.

Keep telling yourself that about the price of the 720 and PS4. Guaranteed they'll come in at 350-400 if not less.

Not very likely. Unlike the $200+ loss sony made on each console last time they cant afford a loss so either it will be a slightly better version of the ps3 or it will be expensive.
#14ChipChippersonPosted 1/31/2013 7:08:06 AM
What's overpriced is the PS360 still costing $300 after 6,7 years; they should be $200 max at this point. I'm not going to begrudge Nintendo continuing to ask $300 for a console that just came out 2 months ago, no matter what your opinion of the included tech is.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#15lninjasoniclPosted 1/31/2013 7:18:37 AM
yeah no price drop is needed yet, once the gamez start rolling out in a couple months then see what happens with the almighty sales numbers,
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#16JerichoDarkstarPosted 1/31/2013 7:21:35 AM
ElectricKaibutu posted...
Nintendo loses money on each Wii U sold and people still call it overpriced

Yet, everyone was screaming at Sony for overpiced PS3's even though they were losing money with each sale.

ChipChipperson posted...
What's overpriced is the PS360 still costing $300 after 6,7 years; they should be $200 max at this point. I'm not going to begrudge Nintendo continuing to ask $300 for a console that just came out 2 months ago, no matter what your opinion of the included tech is.

I agree with the 360 part. It's an old, outdated piece of rubbish. The PS3 outdone it at launch, and the specs are that the PS3 will still beat the 720. However, the PS3's price is reasonable considering all the extras you get with it plus the quality of games (at least first party games).
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#17ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 7:35:58 AM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Yet, everyone was screaming at Sony for overpiced PS3's even though they were losing money with each sale.

That's true. I think they were losing $200 per console too. The problem with the PS3 is that the 360 had already launched at $400, and people thought that was a lot. $599 for the good PS3 was just too much. It wasn't that it was overpriced, it was just expensive.
#18DeathSnipe777Posted 1/31/2013 7:42:58 AM
I don't see how PS4 could possibly cost less than PS3 did at launch. Wouldn't newer technology and more features have to be more expensive? If that thing is even close to 500 dollars I ain't buyin it. I could probably get a good PC for that price.

Bluray and cell processor contributed a lot to that price.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#19DXiRoNMaNPosted 1/31/2013 7:44:05 AM
they're going to wait a year to drop the price and no one is going to want it. no one wants it at the current prices, this thing will have a hell of a time competing with the new xbox and ps
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#20ElectricKaibutuPosted 1/31/2013 7:46:08 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
they're going to wait a year to drop the price and no one is going to want it. no one wants it at the current prices, this thing will have a hell of a time competing with the new xbox and ps

Things are looking pretty dire...