Iwata Implies He May Resign Over Poor Business Performance

#21EndgamePosted 1/31/2013 11:35:50 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is a public company, so Nintendo's investors can fire Iwata regardless (he's not going to leave willingly)

so here's hoping to Wii U tanking even more so that Nintendo may get a new leader that will restore it to its former glory

**** Iwata
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#22RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 11:40:26 AM
Actually, he said that as a president, if you do not achieve your goals, you should resign,

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.itmedia.co.jp%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F1301%2F31%2Fnews090.html&act=url
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#23P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/31/2013 11:55:41 AM
My google translate has him saying that something about commitment and should that not be achieved management should take responsibility including resignation.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/31/2013 12:00:21 PM
knightimex posted...
If Nintendo falls it won't be long before the rest follow.
next gaming crash confirmed?

If you thought trolling on nintendo was bad......

ohhhh boy.....

You fail to realize, Sony and Microsoft have other ways to obtain income.

Nintendo only has games, a crappy baseball team and trading cards that probably doesn't generate enough income to pay the building payments.

If Nintendo fails in gaming, they're gone and can hang out with Sega

Sony and Microsoft on the other hand can still produce games. Sony's market is turning around, they're actually in process of selling their liabilities that costs them so much money and Microsoft, well.. Windows 8 actually picked up and sold a lot of copies now compared to the last report.

but Nintendo has what?

Nothing but video games

A crash in video games and their current status will completely destroy the company
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#25RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 12:06:19 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...

ohhhh boy.....

Nintendo only has games, a crappy baseball team and trading cards that probably doesn't generate enough income to pay the building payments.

Sony and Microsoft on the other hand can still produce games. Sony's market is turning around, they're actually in process of selling their liabilities that costs them so much money and Microsoft, well.. Windows 8 actually picked up and sold a lot of copies now compared to the last report.

but Nintendo has what?

Nothing but video games

A crash in video games and their current status will completely destroy the company

Nintendo has BILLIONS of dollars in the bank from the Wii.

More than enough to sustain them for over a century.

Silly boy.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/31/2013 12:09:20 PM
RahzarX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...

ohhhh boy.....

but Nintendo has what?

Nothing but video games

Silly boy.

Right, they've lost a billion dollars in 6 months

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20126369-17/nintendo-loses-nearly-$1-billion-as-wii-sales-plummet/

That was in 2011, it's got worse since.

So that umm, 8 billion they have.. that'll last what? 4 more years.. oh wait.. 2.5 years now and then they completely broke
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#27DiscostewSMPosted 1/31/2013 12:11:27 PM
......Implying......
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#28RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 12:25:14 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
RahzarX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...

ohhhh boy.....

but Nintendo has what?

Nothing but video games

Silly boy.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20126369-17/nintendo-loses-nearly-$1-billion-as-wii-sales-plummet/

So that umm, 8 billion they have.. that'll last what? 4 more years.. oh wait.. 2.5 years now and then they completely broke

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (163/$257 million) every year until 2052.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173571

---
#29icarus231Posted 1/31/2013 12:27:11 PM
RahzarX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
RahzarX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...

ohhhh boy.....

but Nintendo has what?

Nothing but video games

Silly boy.

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (163/$257 million) every year until 2052.

There also expecting to be 14bil yen profitable this year so go nintendo. No real estate sales for them
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:35 PM
RahzarX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
RahzarX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...

ohhhh boy.....

but Nintendo has what?

Nothing but video games

Silly boy.

LOL 8 BILLION

I can't wait for you to reply to this.

Go Nintendo is a very good financial site.

I get stock tips from Gamefaqs also, great source.

Also, that's 250 million dollar loss every year, they lost a billion in 6 months. That's 8 years worth in just 1 years time.

Thanks for backing that up. Lets see, 8 years per year, 4x8 = 32 years 2012+32 = 2048, but instead of 2048, the year would be 2016.

You posted the link and the proof, remember.. 257 million loss per year until 2057, but they're losing like a billion every 6 months lol
---