EU Guys, Zen Pinball 2 is out now!

#1TheStarCorePosted 1/31/2013 7:31:06 AM
Think I might buy the Plants vs Zombies table, the rest of the cheap ones seem rather generic and can't really afford one of the big Marvel ones yet.

Who's downloading it? Base game is 355mb
#2MetalGusREbirthPosted 2/1/2013 9:37:55 AM
Hi. I here the game itself is free correct? Does it come with free tables? Or maybe you can sample a few tables but you need to buy them to play them proper? I'd like to know how that works. Thanks.
#3TheStarCore(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:55:22 AM
The game itself is free yeah, it doesn't have any free tables included but every table has a Trial which allows you to play for a certain amount of time (and it also limits your score). It also pauses the game every so often to remind you to buy it (To make sure you don't exclusive play the game for free, obviously)

I decided to go into the eShop and get a list of all the tables available to buy, obviously these are British prices so I'm not sure what they are/will be anywhere else. When buying a table you need to download the trial pack, as that's the actual file with the tables data in it. Then paying for the "Unlock" of each table/pack removes all the restrictions of a table. I've bought the Marvel Original pack and the tables seem really good.

Captain America Table - 2.39
Civil War Table - 2.39
Earth Defense Table - 2.39
Epic Quest Table - 2.39
Excalibur Table - 2.39
Fantastic Four Table - 2.39
Mars Table - 2.39
Marvel Pinball Original Pack - 7.99 (Spiderman, Wolverine, Ironman and Blade tables)
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles Pack - 7.99 (The Avengers, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet and World Hulk tables)
Marvel Pinball Vengeance & Virtue Pack - 7.99 (Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor and X-Men tables)
Paranormal Table - 2.39
Plants vs Zombies Table - 2.39
Sorcerers Lair Table - 2.39
Zen Classics Pack - 7.99 (Sharman, Eldorado, Tesla and V12 tables)
#4LinktoDrinkPosted 2/1/2013 9:57:09 AM
So how expensive is it to get the full game?
#5TheStarCore(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:06:46 AM
The "full" game would be whatever the cost of all that DLC is, simply. And there's highly likely more DLC to come. It isn't the type of game where you're really expected to buy it all though, you buy what you like to play. It's like Rock Band, you're not really expected to buy every DLC song they have to offer, just pick and choose what you like.

Like I said, to actually "buy" Zen Pinball 2 it doesn't cost a thing, the game's completely free. You buy the tables you want to play on.
#6MetalGusREbirthPosted 2/1/2013 10:19:54 AM
Ok great. Thanks a bunch for the detailed explanations. I really got into pinball over a year ago with the release of The Pinball Arcade. I've been playing it a lot and I actually hunt down the few places around town that have real tables to play. I plan on making my first pinball purchase in the coming year (these don't come cheap though). In any case, I always heard Zen Pinball 2 was great, altought it's different because it contains new original tables and no reproductions. I'm glad to hear I can sample the tables before buying them.
Cheers
#7TheStarCore(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:38:35 AM
Forgot to mention (Though it may be obvious anyway) that the game does have off-TV play, can switch to it at anytime by "pulling down" on the touchscreen.
#8AndoMikePosted 2/1/2013 10:46:39 AM
I'm psyched for it, but still waiting for the North American release!