Miyamoto is the good guy here

#1GloryChaosPosted 1/31/2013 7:35:23 AM(edited)
He's getting older and he won't be working at Nintendo forever. After he steps down from head of EAD and works on smaller projects, his resign notice will soon follow. Once he's gone, who will supervise all of the Mario titles? What will happen to his beloved character?

Miyamoto has already thought ahead in this matter. The future of Mario games has been carefully constructed for some time now. Miyamoto plans to run him into the ground. By allowing the production of several less than stellar Mario titles, it would only be a matter of time until people stopped liking him. Release two New Super Mario Bros. games that don't change much from their predecessors? Check. Release a Mario Kart game that doesn't bother to have any defining traits? Check. Release the worst Mario sports game of all time? Check!

But he didn't stop there. The process needed to be thorough and thought out. Paper Mario had to be ruined as well. And since IS is incapable of making bad games, he needed a real doozy. No story in an RPG. No new characters. Finally, after disliking their first two beta versions of the game, he made sure the release schedule didn't change. Now they'd have to rush out a product.

Miyamoto isn't finished. He will continue to supervise Mario games by giving developers input that makes no sense (which, if you've read this far, is actually true according to the guy who did the artwork and minor story elements for Link's Awakening, etc. He says many people have no idea what Miyamoto's emails mean, except for himself and a few others.). The upcoming 3D Mario game and Mario Kart U will show signs of this too.

But this is a good thing. Because all of this is to teach Nintendo a lesson. Once Mario is dead, they won't be able to rely on him anymore. And finally, they'll be forced to come up with new ideas.
---
Cipot ekoj
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#2Squirt_ShadoPosted 1/31/2013 7:38:06 AM
Miyamoto is the reason no Nintendo game since Paper Mario TTYD has had a decent story (other than Zelda).
#3mahboiPosted 1/31/2013 7:38:57 AM
Squirt_Shado posted...
Miyamoto is the reason no Nintendo game since Paper Mario TTYD has had a decent story (other than Zelda).

Super Paper Mario?
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 54
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#4pikachupwnagePosted 1/31/2013 7:39:59 AM
Joke topic?
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#5jakestar0306Posted 1/31/2013 8:12:17 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Release two New Super Mario Bros. games that don't change much from their predecessors? Check.

When did that happen?

Release a Mario Kart game that doesn't bother to have any defining traits? Check.

Super Circuit was released about a decade ago.

Release the worst Mario sports game of all time? Check!

NES Open Tournament Golf? I don't see how that's going to hurt them now.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#6Ultima_MagikarpPosted 1/31/2013 8:13:55 AM
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 was made a while ago, dude.
#7GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:20:18 AM
Ultima_Magikarp posted...
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 was made a while ago, dude.

As someone who doesn't really like the Mario sports games at all, I actually liked Mario Hoops 3on3. >_>
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666