GtA V to launch in Sept 2013 no Wii U announcement

#51Pac12345Posted 1/31/2013 12:37:11 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Baha05 posted...
Their excuse for not jumping head first into the console was due to large amounts of money lost developing for the PS360 and their games repeatedly selling below expectations. They claim to be playing it safe by staying on consoles that are already established.

Which makes sense considering the User base for the Wii U is smaller then the PS3/360.

Correct.

Incorrect! Your fan base always starts at zero. You need to make an effort so that you can grow your user base (cater to them). Saying that it's OK for them not to sell it on Wii U, because the user base is smaller than the 360īs/PS3's is like saying the SimCity (A launch title for the SNES), shouldn't have been made because the user base of the SNES (At that time) wasn't as large as the user base on PC.
#52teamaquashockPosted 1/31/2013 12:38:31 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
GloryChaos posted...
I would be more surprised if it did come. When has a Nintendo console ever received a GTA game? I wonder how the relationship between Rockstar and Nintendo is.

Chinatown Wars

---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#53PaulKagebeinPosted 1/31/2013 12:47:24 PM
This is why we prove there is a demand for it. I've been pushing for a Wii U version on Rockstar's Twitter and e-mailing their PR/Customer Feedback department since the game was an announced. In fact, that was the entire reason I made a Twitter.

Back in January 2012, this is the response I got:

"Thanks for contacting us. We greatly appreciate your message. We will escalate your suggestion so that it can be seen by the appropriate eyes. We are always trying to reach a larger audience with our titles and we agree that this would be a great idea. Thanks again!

Cheers,
R* Technical Support"

Obviously, it hasn't been a guarantee, but if we collectively voice our desire for its release, it's more likely to happen. Rather you like GTA or not or you already have plans to get it on another console or not, this is a good thing for Nintendo and future third party support.
---
Pokemon White FC - 3225 1582 0350
#54BoomerTheGreatPosted 1/31/2013 12:58:37 PM
Seriously, do you guys really care about this topic?
---
Greatness comes from within
#55IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/31/2013 1:01:24 PM
Yep :/
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#56P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/31/2013 1:01:32 PM
Pac12345 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Their excuse for not jumping head first into the console was due to large amounts of money lost developing for the PS360 and their games repeatedly selling below expectations. They claim to be playing it safe by staying on consoles that are already established.

Which makes sense considering the User base for the Wii U is smaller then the PS3/360.

Correct.

Incorrect! Your fan base always starts at zero. You need to make an effort so that you can grow your user base (cater to them). Saying that it's OK for them not to sell it on Wii U, because the user base is smaller than the 360īs/PS3's is like saying the SimCity (A launch title for the SNES), shouldn't have been made because the user base of the SNES (At that time) wasn't as large as the user base on PC.

I was just agreeing that the userbase is smaller. Really a sloppy, simple port with off tv play is possible without much work or commitment itself so that's possible. However, given the Wii U's new architecture they would need to do some optimizing to make it run well and not be shoddy though I don't think the work required would be that extensive given how easily Shin'en was able to bypass all bottlenecks.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#57Paulf001Posted 1/31/2013 1:33:22 PM(edited)
GTAIV didn't come till PC till 9 months later. Its been a trend for game companies to delay PC releases due to the ease of pirating PC games. While still possible to pirate on consoles its much harder for the average person to do.
#58KAMMYqueenPosted 1/31/2013 1:42:12 PM
they can keep it the ruin GTA i wont even be buying this one
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U