Is Wii U a MAN's system?

#1IkaOneeChanPosted 1/31/2013 9:07:37 AM
So far I've tried Zombie U, Sonic Racing and Mario. Their fun i guess, but it seems like there are no girl-oriented games yet. Everything is either male or male-oriented. Are their any Wii U games now relevant to ME? Or will Nintendo continue to ignore the 51% in favor of stuff like Zelda and Mario (both about a damsell in distress saved by men)

btw i heard about bayonetta 2, looks AWESOME but i am not old enough to play that yet :(
#2spartansbrotherPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:09 AM
idk

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683361-funky-barn
---
*wipes brown*
#3VoelgerPosted 1/31/2013 9:14:14 AM
I think it kind of is. Here's why, it allows remote play so a dad can play whole his wife watches tv. It plays on nostalgia from the games we played in the 80s and 90s. Which means we are older now, this men
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#4The_HyphenatorPosted 1/31/2013 9:21:43 AM
Nintendo's philosophy has always seemed to be that they make games for "everyone." And for the last several years, that's been pretty true; they've created a ton of new game franchises over the last generation and almost all of them have been pretty gender-neutral, and played with an avatar of the player's choice.

But if you're referring to more traditional game styles, Nintendo has Metroid, which is hands-down the longest-running and best-received game series starring a female protagonist to date (Other M notwithstanding; Other M is the Highlander 2 of Metroid).

Admittedly, one franchise isn't much, but consider what IPs Sony and Microsoft have created that star female characters: Sony had Heavenly Sword and Microsoft had Kameo. Both had pretty mixed critical reception and sold poorly, so they're not likely to ever receive sequels. By those standards, Nintendo is well ahead of the curve (unfortunately).
#5IkaOneeChan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:46:06 PM
metroid? I heard about that, is it on Wii U (or Wii 1) yet?
#6lgiPosted 1/31/2013 12:46:52 PM
Yes. It does not have "immature" titles such as Grand Theft Auto. It has mature titles for mature adults such as Nintendo Land.
#7sentoworfPosted 1/31/2013 12:47:47 PM
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#8dougsdad0629Posted 1/31/2013 12:57:23 PM
Sure it's a man's system. When I think of a pink puffball and a little green dinosaur made out of yarn it really gets my testosterone pumping.
---
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.
#9Love-WilcoxPosted 1/31/2013 1:24:41 PM
I don't really understand the difference between a game for mature girls or a game for mature guys.
For instance my wife enjoys playing Skyrim more than me, does that make it a girls game ?
I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan so that must be a man game, right ?
---
Flow: 68
PSN: Love-Wilcox
#10Ambassador_KongPosted 1/31/2013 1:32:50 PM
If you are worried about how manly a system is then you must be a kid.

Real men play what they like and don't care what other people think.

Come back when you can grow some facial hair.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.