I dont understand people talking about trophies/accomplishments

#1TheFallenPriestPosted 1/31/2013 8:47:54 AM
The same people that want Nintendo to start a trophy/accomplishment system are the same people that say they just played through mario to beat it, and dont like the extra challenges/dont 100% games. I specifically have a friend who raged at nintendo for not having accomplishments, and yet just did a quick playthrough of mario without trying to 100% it.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#2EastCoastKodyPosted 1/31/2013 8:50:38 AM
i don't undertstand ppls obsession with these things.

I'll admit liking the odd 360 achievement (especially if it involves throwing interceptions in Madden)

but there is plenty off other ppl who seem to obsess about getting all trophies/achievements.

I have never met these types IRL. I just assume they are 13 or have OCD...possibly both
---
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife
#3blangloisPosted 1/31/2013 8:59:34 AM
What I don't get is why everyone seems to want Nintendo to do the exact same thing that other companies do. Sure, some people enjoy trophies.achievements; nothing wrong with that. There are consoles that cater to that market., but why should all companies cater to the same market? It is good to have different products out there to spur competition with different ideas and provide consumers with choices.
#4BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/31/2013 9:09:23 AM
blanglois posted...
What I don't get is why everyone seems to want Nintendo to do the exact same thing that other companies do. Sure, some people enjoy trophies.achievements; nothing wrong with that. There are consoles that cater to that market., but why should all companies cater to the same market? It is good to have different products out there to spur competition with different ideas and provide consumers with choices.

Because 'hardcore' gamers seem to think that the entire industry must revolve around them, that developers must cater to only them, and that diversity in gaming is 'casual' and 'kiddy' because it may not appeal to them.

What's sad is that this is the only market in media that thinks this way. Television, Movies, Books, Music, etc. All of them are diverse and all of them appeal to as many different types of people as possible. But apparently we can't have this in the gaming industry.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#5BadreviewPosted 1/31/2013 9:14:01 AM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
blanglois posted...

Because 'hardcore' gamers seem to think that the entire industry must revolve around them, that developers must cater to only them, and that diversity in gaming is 'casual' and 'kiddy' because it may not appeal to them.

What's sad is that this is the only market in media that thinks this way. Television, Movies, Books, Music, etc. All of them are diverse and all of them appeal to as many different types of people as possible. But apparently we can't have this in the gaming industry.

Contradictory, Nintendo has failed to appeal to the crowd that enjoys trophies and achievements and to steal some of the Sony and MS fanbase because of that.

If Nintendo was trying to appeal to as many people as possible, they have failed.
#6BadreviewPosted 1/31/2013 9:15:21 AM
blanglois posted...

Because Nintendo was advertising the console out trying to steal PS3 and 360 customers away and trying to bring back the "core" crowd which are use to Trophies and Achievements by now and expect many of the same offerings as the PS3 and 360 but better.
#7whizkid7Posted 1/31/2013 9:15:29 AM
Badreview posted...

If Nintendo was trying to appeal to as many people as possible, they have failed.

Ahahahahahaa....That's rich.
---
Arms is like being a chainsaw running around. Prot is like being a castle that walks around punching people in the face with it's drawbridge.
#8BadreviewPosted 1/31/2013 9:19:01 AM
whizkid7 posted...
Badreview posted...

Ahahahahahaa....That's rich.

Absolutely not, there trying to appeal more to the core crowd, and part of the core crowd are Trophy/Achievement hunters.
#9Kazoka223Posted 1/31/2013 9:20:24 AM
I veryyyyy rarly 100% any game and I dont really care for acheivements whether they are there or not.
#10BadreviewPosted 1/31/2013 9:22:40 AM
Kazoka223 posted...
I veryyyyy rarly 100% any game and I dont really care for acheivements whether they are there or not.

Than why not have it there for people who want to 100% the game.