I dont understand people talking about trophies/accomplishments

#61Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/3/2013 6:07:15 PM
LurkerLord posted...
People keep saying achievements won't affect you if you don't care, but then bring up the arguement that unified achievements are there to compare against other players.

Wouldn't it affect you, if someone was stalking your profile, checking your achievements and belittling you for not getting x achievement? I've had that happen over XBL and it's very annoying and a cause of anxiety. It causes you to care about something you shouldn't care about, and not in a fun way.

That would give Nintendo a good justification for not implementing such a system.
#62strongo9Posted 2/3/2013 6:37:10 PM
I'm a PC gamer and don't give a damn about getting Steam achievements.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#63Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 6:38:30 PM
In the grand scheme of things having achievements is nice but overall not having them does no harm to the game

/Thread
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#64DynheartPosted 2/3/2013 6:44:13 PM
I really don't care about these things. I play the game to play the game. If the game is good, it creates it's own replay value.

If it needs to be done, I prefer in game achievements (Gears of War 3 style, the way they keep track of everything is a happy medium). If we need a prize? Give us a stamp when we 100% the game. No, we don't need to do dumb stuff like jump on people while throwing a grenade through a window and blowing up a certain 10 people, but just 100% it. Like, if you 5 star NSMBU? You get a Mario stamp on your profile. I can live with that.

No numbers. No fluff. You get that prize at the end saying you 100% the game. Plus, if you want to show those special achievements? That's what Miiverse is for. Take pic (soon you can stream vids and post those too). Show off that way too.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#65GEKGanonPosted 2/3/2013 7:22:23 PM
I like how people keep saying it is incentive to get 100%. I thought getting 100% was the incentive to get 100%.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#66UltimaSora91Posted 2/3/2013 8:08:33 PM
I have a PS3, had one since launch. At first I thought the achievements were cool, and my friends thought so too. Over time, we realized it wasn't as cool or fun as we thought. Even looking back over the achievements I got from various games, a lot of them are just "whatever". To me, it's a false sense of achievement. The only thing that really matters is beating games and difficult bosses and maps. I guess I'm old school and have to say a large group of gamers today are whinny.
---
On July 29th, 2012 at 1:56 am, almost two years after the launch of BBS, I defeated Mysterious Figure with Terra!
3DS: 4768-7461-8649
#67BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 8:15:07 PM
I really don't see a point in Cheevos, but I guess I wouldn't complain if they were an option, just not mandatory.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit