Anyone have Ben 10 Omniverse and a Pro Controller? Need Help!

#1DahvooPosted 1/31/2013 11:07:33 AM
Sorry for posting here, the Ben 10 board is dead.

I just got the Ben 10 Omniverse game for my son, and on the back of the game case it shows it is compatible with the Wii U Pro Controller. I tried but couldn't figure out how to get the game to recognize it, either as first or second player.

I contacted D3 publishing for support, and they didn't offer instructions on what to do to get the Pro Controller to accept and they just said take the game back to the retailer and get another copy and try again (try troubleshooting it myself again I guess). If it still doesn't work, call back.

Anyone have both the game and a Pro Controller willing to try it out and see if theirs works?
---
GT/PSN/Nintendo Network ID: Dahvoo
3DS FC: 0946-2251-0734
#2EstabIishedPosted 1/31/2013 11:12:38 AM
Does the controller work on other games? Have you tried?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633263-pikmin-3/64544985
lol
#3The_BoredomsPosted 1/31/2013 11:13:44 AM
I think what you're seeing on the back of the box is the classic controller pro for the original Wii, not the Wii U pro controller.
#4Dahvoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:17:13 AM
EstabIished posted...
Does the controller work on other games? Have you tried?

Yes the pro controller works fine outside of the game. I can start the Wii U system with it, navigate the Wii U menu with it. But after selecting to start the Ben 10 game, as the game loads, the little bluetooth light turns off and pressing any buttons makes the pro controller's lights flash a few times then turn off. The Wii Remote and Nunchuk (another compatible controller) works fine with the Ben 10 game.

The only other game I have that uses the pro controller is Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, and the pro controller works fine with that game.
---
#5hellbringherPosted 1/31/2013 11:17:54 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
I think what you're seeing on the back of the box is the classic controller pro for the original Wii, not the Wii U pro controller.

This. Sorry dude. I wanted to get this for my son but after looking at reviews I might pass. Just grab the Classic controller pro and a Wiimote.
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#6Dahvoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:20:29 AM
The_Boredoms posted...

The back of the box shows pictures in the following order:

Gamepad
Wii U Pro Controller
Wii Remote (with a 2 on it) + Classic Controller Pro
Nunchuk
---
#7The_BoredomsPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8The_BoredomsPosted 1/31/2013 11:23:52 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, I guess, but I'm looking at the box and it's different from what you've described.
#9hellbringherPosted 1/31/2013 11:24:15 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
There's a bit of cable coming out of the top of what you perceive to be the Wii U pro controller, yes? That's the Wii classic controller pro.

Unfortunately.

It shows. Gamepad, Classic controller, Wiimote and nunchuck
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#10CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 11:26:03 AM
hellbringher posted...
The_Boredoms posted...

This. Sorry dude. I wanted to get this for my son but after looking at reviews I might pass. Just grab the Classic controller pro and a Wiimote.

Ifuou seriously have a son, which I supremely doubt, I feel sooooooo bad for him. For having a crappy dad ya know?