Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

#1CalibuhrrPosted 1/31/2013 11:18:53 AM
I've been buying a bunch of Gamecube classics over the years and I've been loving them. I'm sure I can get at least $350 for them, because I've seen multiple collections less valuable than mine get 450-500 on eBay. The problem is I'm not sure if I want to let go of some of these games. My best friend has a GC collection too, so I'll still be able to play Melee, Zelda games, Metroid Prime etc and I can borrow them from him anytime. I'm just proud of my collection, but I REALLY want a Wii U after all those announcements. I'll probably have enough to get a Wii U deluxe with NSMBWU.
I have:
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
F-Zero GX
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Superstar Baseball
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (somewhat rare and my favorite game of all time, really gonna hurt to let this one go)
Metroid Prime
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Paper Mario: TTYD
Odama(with mic)
Resident Evil (the remake)
Sonic Heroes
Star Fox Assault
Super Smash Bros Melee (rareish)
Tales of Symphonia (VERY RARE)
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (rareish)
#2picanoPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:37 AM
IMO, no. I love my Wii U but I would never trade in that many good games for any console.

Also, I wouldn't consider Melee even rareish. Then again, I somehow have 3 copies...
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#3RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 11:23:06 AM
Yes.

Move on! Wii U is the now, where you can amass a new collection of classics.

Especially considering none of your games are rare, you're not losing a lot, and can always buy one or two back if you ever get the itch.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#4Calibuhrr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:23:18 AM
picano posted...
IMO, no. I love my Wii U but I would never trade in that many good games for any console.

Also, I wouldn't consider Melee even rareish. Then again, I somehow have 3 copies...

What I meant by rareish was... expensive. Plenty of copies out there, just expensive to buy. My bad
#5Calibuhrr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:27:01 AM
RahzarX posted...
Yes.

Especially considering none of your games are rare, you're not losing a lot, and can always buy one or two back if you ever get the itch.

I know Melee and Zelda aren't rare, just expensive, but Tales of Symphonia isn't rare?
And that is true, or I can just borrow them back from a friend. Hoping they just remake a few of my favorite classics for the Wii U. They're doing that with Wind Waker :D
#6RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 11:34:04 AM
Calibuhrr posted...
RahzarX posted...
Yes.

I know Melee and Zelda aren't rare, just expensive, but Tales of Symphonia isn't rare?
And that is true, or I can just borrow them back from a friend. Hoping they just remake a few of my favorite classics for the Wii U. They're doing that with Wind Waker :D

I somehow missed that in your collection...

Just keep tales.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7Banjo2553Posted 1/31/2013 11:35:06 AM
With all those games (and a few of them being rare, like you said), I'm gonna say it's not worth it.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#8huyiPosted 1/31/2013 11:41:15 AM
some of these gamecube games have wii ports but still i wouldn't sell them, just save up, by the time you can afford one there should be a price drop and better games for much cheaper.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9zatOMGPosted 1/31/2013 11:41:38 AM
No. Keep the GCN games, man!
#10AlexFiliPosted 1/31/2013 11:47:56 AM
My opinion was to always keep games, but realistically, think of those RPGs that you won't bother to pick up again. Better to give them to a more worthy cause and also free your room for other games
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/