Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

#11PHEEliNUXPosted 1/31/2013 11:58:36 AM
Nope
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#12Fat_Vita_BoyPosted 1/31/2013 12:02:37 PM
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
F-Zero GX
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Superstar Baseball
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (somewhat rare and my favorite game of all time, really gonna hurt to let this one go)
Metroid Prime
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Paper Mario: TTYD
Odama(with mic)
Resident Evil (the remake)
Sonic Heroes
Star Fox Assault
Super Smash Bros Melee (rareish)
Tales of Symphonia (VERY RARE)
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (rareish)

I'm sure I can get at least $350 for them,

LOL, no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pTocP.gif
My Mom says I'm cute :)
#13RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 12:07:51 PM
Fat_Vita_Boy posted...
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
F-Zero GX
Mario Superstar Baseball
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (somewhat rare and my favorite game of all time, really gonna hurt to let this one go)
Metroid Prime
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Odama(with mic)
Sonic Heroes
Star Fox Assault

LOL, no.

Each of those games are easily worth 20-30 dollars.

LOL, yes
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#14Calibuhrr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:35:53 PM
RahzarX posted...
Fat_Vita_Boy posted...
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
F-Zero GX
Mario Superstar Baseball
Metroid Prime
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Odama(with mic)
Sonic Heroes
Star Fox Assault

LOL, no.

LOL, yes

I wouldn't say each of them is worth that much, like Naruto Clash of Ninja 1 and 2 are around 5 dollars for both, Metroid Prime is like 10 dollars, but Tales of Symphonia is like 60 (it's complete with manual and everything, non players choice) and Melee and Four Swords are around 50 I'm pretty sure.
#15Calibuhrr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:38:13 PM
RahzarX posted...
Calibuhrr posted...
RahzarX posted...
Yes.

Move on! Wii U is the now, where you can amass a new collection of classics.

Especially considering none of your games are rare, you're not losing a lot, and can always buy one or two back if you ever get the itch.

I know Melee and Zelda aren't rare, just expensive, but Tales of Symphonia isn't rare?
And that is true, or I can just borrow them back from a friend. Hoping they just remake a few of my favorite classics for the Wii U. They're doing that with Wind Waker :D

I somehow missed that in your collection...

Just keep tales.

Thing is without Tales it will make my collection's value drop a lot so it's less likely someone will buy it over 250 dollars... And I dosn't really have any nostalgic value to me since I played it one time a few months ago.
#16Jackie_GleasonPosted 1/31/2013 1:04:11 PM
Calibuhrr posted...
I've been buying a bunch of Gamecube classics over the years and I've been loving them. I'm sure I can get at least $350 for them, because I've seen multiple collections less valuable than mine get 450-500 on eBay. The problem is I'm not sure if I want to let go of some of these games. My best friend has a GC collection too, so I'll still be able to play Melee, Zelda games, Metroid Prime etc and I can borrow them from him anytime. I'm just proud of my collection, but I REALLY want a Wii U after all those announcements. I'll probably have enough to get a Wii U deluxe with NSMBWU.
I have:
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
F-Zero GX
Mario Superstar Baseball
Metroid Prime
Naruto Clash of Ninja
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Odama(with mic)
Sonic Heroes
Star Fox Assault

IMO, no, it's not worth it. Speaking from experience, you will regret selling them. Maybe not this year or the next, but at some point you will regret it.

Unless of course they will eventually be obtainable as DD. It's still nice to have the originals though.
#17RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 1:06:35 PM
Calibuhrr posted...
RahzarX posted...
Calibuhrr posted...
RahzarX posted...
Yes.

Move on! Wii U is the now, where you can amass a new collection of classics.

Especially considering none of your games are rare, you're not losing a lot, and can always buy one or two back if you ever get the itch.

I know Melee and Zelda aren't rare, just expensive, but Tales of Symphonia isn't rare?
And that is true, or I can just borrow them back from a friend. Hoping they just remake a few of my favorite classics for the Wii U. They're doing that with Wind Waker :D

I somehow missed that in your collection...

Just keep tales.

Thing is without Tales it will make my collection's value drop a lot so it's less likely someone will buy it over 250 dollars... And I dosn't really have any nostalgic value to me since I played it one time a few months ago.

You're severely undervaluing your collection my man.

Metroid is 20 at the lowest.
So is 1080 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

All first party titles are between 30-50.

The rest are still going for between 20-30.

You're in better shape than you think.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#18gkaiser25Posted 1/31/2013 1:18:46 PM
No way it would be foolish to do so the only way I would part with it is if they had every single game on that list as digital download for wii u otherwise don't sell it
---
Shadows of the past will come back to bite you in the ass
#19Love-WilcoxPosted 1/31/2013 1:28:39 PM
I had to ask myself this question recently with regards to my N64 games.

The real question is do you see yourself playing these games more than once a year ?
---
Flow: 68
PSN: Love-Wilcox
#20Fat_Vita_BoyPosted 1/31/2013 1:40:56 PM

LOL, yes

1080 Avalanche ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $6.97
Animal Crossing ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $20.50
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $14.97
F-Zero GX ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $9.50
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.99
Mario Superstar Baseball ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $6.00
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $31.00
Metroid Prime ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $10.50
Naruto Clash of Ninja ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.00
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 ( complete not players choice, most didn't sell ) - most recent completed auction sold for $5.95
Paper Mario: TTYD ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $26.09
Odama (with mic) ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.00.. a factory sealed sold for $4.99
Resident Evil Remake ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $11.00
Sonic Heroes ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $19.94
Star Fox Assault ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $13.50
Super Smash Bros Melee ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $38.99
Tales of Symphonia ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $36.00
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $36.00

So these recent completed auctions total $308.90 without subtracting all the eBay/PayPal fees.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pTocP.gif
My Mom says I'm cute :)