Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

#21Fat_Vita_BoyPosted 2/3/2013 6:20:37 AM
did tc get his $350?
---
http://i.imgur.com/pTocP.gif
My Mom says I'm cute :)
#22digiblasterPosted 2/3/2013 6:33:12 AM
A fair few of those games are hard to find, but would fetch a nice amount. Still though, you'd only regret it down the line. I sold my copy of ToS when I was younger (and 40 was a lot of money to me back then) but I've regretted it ever since. I begrudge paying that much for it, even though that's what I sold it for - plus it's hard to find these days anyway.

Your call - but there isn't a whole lot available for Wii U yet. If I were you, I'd wait a little while, save up some money - maybe get one around Christmas this year, and you'll probably be able to get a good bundle with the new Mario Kart or 3D Mario (assuming they release this year - might have been confirmed but I can't remember).
#23turtlej-manPosted 2/3/2013 6:36:19 AM
KEEP YOUR GAMES! You WILL regret it at some point in the future. Also...what if after getting your Wii U with the money from selling the games..you got buyers remorse? Not worth it.

Just save up some money. By the time the OMG GOT TO HAVE IT games come out, you can afford a Wii U.

Think smart..don't go for instant satisfaction. It's never as good that way.
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!
#24Fat_Vita_BoyPosted 2/3/2013 7:13:47 AM(edited)
A fair few of those games are hard to find, but would fetch a nice amount.

I posted recent completed auctions and the prices the games sold for, only four games on the list sold for over $30.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pTocP.gif
My Mom says I'm cute :)
#25DeathSoul2000Posted 2/3/2013 6:41:19 AM
it really isn't worth it - gamecube games are pretty expensive these days, and cost me quite a bit to buy them back, so no don't do it.
#26Petey_MeanisPosted 2/3/2013 6:59:50 AM
gamecube games are pretty expensive these days

lol, no they're not unless you want them new and factory sealed.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#27mjc0961Posted 2/3/2013 7:11:52 AM
Fat_Vita_Boy posted...
Each of those games are easily worth 20-30 dollars.

LOL, yes

1080 Avalanche ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $6.97
Animal Crossing ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $20.50
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $14.97
F-Zero GX ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $9.50
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.99
Mario Superstar Baseball ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $6.00
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $31.00
Metroid Prime ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $10.50
Naruto Clash of Ninja ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.00
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 ( complete not players choice, most didn't sell ) - most recent completed auction sold for $5.95
Paper Mario: TTYD ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $26.09
Odama (with mic) ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.00.. a factory sealed sold for $4.99
Resident Evil Remake ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $11.00
Sonic Heroes ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $19.94
Star Fox Assault ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $13.50
Super Smash Bros Melee ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $38.99
Tales of Symphonia ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $36.00
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $36.00

So these recent completed auctions total $308.90 without subtracting all the eBay/PayPal fees.

This. There's no point in selling them when you both won't make enough money to get a Deluxe Wii U and NSMBU like you want AND you will eventually regret it later as others have pointed out. Hell, you're ALREADY talking about how you don't want to let some of them go, so you're definitely going to regret it if you do.

Keep your collection and save up to just buy a Wii U without selling stuff you still want. You'll have to wait longer to get one but it'll be worth it due to not losing the collection you very obviously care for.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#28DeathSoul2000Posted 2/3/2013 8:08:15 AM
Petey_Meanis posted...
gamecube games are pretty expensive these days

lol, no they're not unless you want them new and factory sealed.

try living in the uk. most of the ones i bought go from anywhere between 27-45.
#29teh1337gosuPosted 2/3/2013 8:13:03 AM
No, you'll regret it.

What's next, you'll sell your entire Wii u collection for the next console?

That means you'll have spent Thousands of dollars, and end up with one console in the end. Its stupid, wait until you have some money.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#30TalicusPosted 2/3/2013 8:51:20 AM
Absolutely not. These games are absolute classics that you will never be able to get back without a loss (unless they will be re-released in some digital form).
The Wii U is great but it will be easily available for the upcoming 10 years. Most of those Gamecube games are rare now and will most likely be even more rare in the years to come.

Both from a financial and from a entertainment point of view, don't do it.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.