Would it be worth selling my Gamecube collection on eBay for a Wii U?

#31GLDanzegoPosted 2/3/2013 9:12:35 AM
If someone can't buy a $300-$350 system without having to sell off their entire collection of games they enjoy and value from a past system, then they probably shouldn't be buying a new game system. New game systems cost money to support, on top of the hardware cost.
#32jakestar0306Posted 2/3/2013 9:59:18 AM
Calibuhrr posted...
Super Smash Bros Melee (rareish)

The single highest selling Gamecube game ever is rare?
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#33teh1337gosuPosted 2/3/2013 11:06:23 AM
Talicus posted...
Absolutely not. These games are absolute classics that you will never be able to get back without a loss (unless they will be re-released in some digital form).
The Wii U is great but it will be easily available for the upcoming 10 years. Most of those Gamecube games are rare now and will most likely be even more rare in the years to come.

Both from a financial and from a entertainment point of view, don't do it.

Exactly

/topic
---
Yvan eht nioj
#34force_user1975Posted 2/3/2013 11:09:29 AM
I have a pretty nice size game collection, and your collection in my opinion isn't worth anything over $200. Twin Snakes is probably the most expensive one in your collection, now if you had Mario Sunshine, Double Dash and Windwaker, you'd be set. I'd keep what you have and try to earn money to buy one. I still have all my old school consoles and games.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag "MOH Crapgamer" PSN "Crapgamer" Wii U "Crapgamer" Teammoh.com
#35lowuwPosted 2/3/2013 11:27:32 AM
I love the Wii U, but I wouldn't sell classic GameCube games that will be very hard to find in the future. Just be patient and save up for a Wii U.
#36FooFighters25Posted 2/3/2013 11:46:36 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
Calibuhrr posted...
Super Smash Bros Melee (rareish)

The single highest selling Gamecube game ever is rare?

If you read the rest of the topic, you would have seen that TC meant rare as in pricey, not hard to find.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#37DragonyeuwPosted 2/3/2013 12:32:13 PM
Personally I wouldn't..... Thats a lot of gameplay you're giving up and as someone said above suppose you get buyers remorse? Better to save up for a Wii U and keep your games.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#38MisterSpliffPosted 2/3/2013 12:35:14 PM
Tales really isnt worth much used considering its "rarity". It worth $50 at most. I would only sell it at this point if it was wrapped.

Yeah itll add up with the rest of those games... but meh... Id keep it.
---
PSN: x-Spliph-x
#39mahboiPosted 2/3/2013 1:09:16 PM
I would never give up that many games.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 54
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#40URAlsrPosted 2/3/2013 1:14:28 PM
Fat_Vita_Boy posted...
Each of those games are easily worth 20-30 dollars.

LOL, yes

1080 Avalanche ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $6.97
Animal Crossing ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $20.50
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $14.97
F-Zero GX ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $9.50
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.99
Mario Superstar Baseball ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $6.00
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $31.00
Metroid Prime ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $10.50
Naruto Clash of Ninja ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.00
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 ( complete not players choice, most didn't sell ) - most recent completed auction sold for $5.95
Paper Mario: TTYD ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $26.09
Odama (with mic) ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $7.00.. a factory sealed sold for $4.99
Resident Evil Remake ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $11.00
Sonic Heroes ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $19.94
Star Fox Assault ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $13.50
Super Smash Bros Melee ( complete not players choice ) - most recent completed auction sold for $38.99
Tales of Symphonia ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $36.00
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures ( complete ) - most recent completed auction sold for $36.00

So these recent completed auctions total $308.90 without subtracting all the eBay/PayPal fees.

Rhazarx = owned