Nintendo: Time for an intervention?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo: Time for an intervention?
3 years ago#21
interesting article Kirby while i do think Nintendo is entering a little bit of a slump with the wii u i do have faith that when they start to launch there big first p

I'm thinking that what Nintendo really needs is a price drop. When the games release I expect a surge in sales but without a price cut I don't see it lasting long enough.

I think the real question is how big is the home console fanbase for nintendo when you count out the casuals that bought the wii and used it as a wii sports/ wii fit machine. Those same people are not as enthusiastic about the wii u right now, and I don't really see that changing. Will the numbers be closer to the wii's numbers, or gamecube/n64 numbers ?
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
3 years ago#22
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Can't afford a WiiU huh? That sucks, sorry bro.

Seeing how horrible the Wii U's sales are I guess more people can't afford it than nintendo thought.

should i go on the sony board and post how they have to sell assets because they cant run a company and still havent recovered from the ps3

If you want to. I doubt the fanboys over there will care as much as you do here because they have a continuous stream of great games to play. The wii u has.. err... umm... ZombiU?

if the sony fans had games to play they wouldnt be here
3 years ago#23
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
interesting article Kirby while i do think Nintendo is entering a little bit of a slump with the wii u i do have faith that when they start to launch there big first p

I'm thinking that what Nintendo really needs is a price drop. When the games release I expect a surge in sales but without a price cut I don't see it lasting long enough.

I think the real question is how big is the home console fanbase for nintendo when you count out the casuals that bought the wii and used it as a wii sports/ wii fit machine. Those same people are not as enthusiastic about the wii u right now, and I don't really see that changing. Will the numbers be closer to the wii's numbers, or gamecube/n64 numbers ?

One problem with catering to the "casual" crowd is that the casual crowd doesn't even know what the Wii U really is. I hate to bring up one of the oldest arguments about this system but most people do think they system is just the gamepad and not a whole new console. I dont think they need a price cut just yet what they need to do is go back and re market the system showing off that hey its more than just the gamepad its a whole new home console.

I think Nintendo could get away with doing a temporary holiday price cut to try and cut into the PS4 and 720 for when they launch later this year but i still strongly believe they wont cut the price just yet.

Also I have to toss this in but this is how you have a legit conversation on this site no name calling no telling someone there a troll or a fanboy just two people talking about the little faults nintendo has made with the wii u so far in a civil manor.
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
3 years ago#24
One problem with catering to the "casual" crowd is that the casual crowd doesn't even know what the Wii U really is. I hate to bring up one of the oldest arguments about this system but most people do think they system is just the gamepad and not a whole new console. I dont think they need a price cut just yet what they need to do is go back and re market the system showing off that hey its more than just the gamepad its a whole new home console.

That could work but the critics, journalists, bloggers, etc that knows what the wii u is are not particularly enthusiastic about it either. It does not have the it factor of wii so I fear that even if the general public becomes more aware about the differences between it and the wii the sales spike wont be too high.

I think Nintendo could get away with doing a temporary holiday price cut to try and cut into the PS4 and 720 for when they launch later this year but i still strongly believe they wont cut the price just yet.

A price cut there would be the most logical choice, but if the PS4 and 720 also come out with slow sales as well it probably wouldn't be necessary.

Also I have to toss this in but this is how you have a legit conversation on this site no name calling no telling someone there a troll or a fanboy just two people talking about the little faults nintendo has made with the wii u so far in a civil manor.

The people who constantly feed the trolls enjoy doing it, otherwise they would just stop or use the ignore function.
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
3 years ago#25
Saying Nintendo needs a price cut for the Wii U is a bit ridiculous since its only been out for three months. More realistically after a year maybe you'll see a price cut.

tbh its not that expensive of a console and you have the choice to pick the standard wii u which is 100pounds cheaper than the premium ver.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo: Time for an intervention?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived