Nintendo: Time for an intervention?

#21Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:40:15 PM
interesting article Kirby while i do think Nintendo is entering a little bit of a slump with the wii u i do have faith that when they start to launch there big first p

I'm thinking that what Nintendo really needs is a price drop. When the games release I expect a surge in sales but without a price cut I don't see it lasting long enough.

I think the real question is how big is the home console fanbase for nintendo when you count out the casuals that bought the wii and used it as a wii sports/ wii fit machine. Those same people are not as enthusiastic about the wii u right now, and I don't really see that changing. Will the numbers be closer to the wii's numbers, or gamecube/n64 numbers ?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#22icarus231Posted 1/31/2013 3:50:42 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Can't afford a WiiU huh? That sucks, sorry bro.

Seeing how horrible the Wii U's sales are I guess more people can't afford it than nintendo thought.

should i go on the sony board and post how they have to sell assets because they cant run a company and still havent recovered from the ps3

If you want to. I doubt the fanboys over there will care as much as you do here because they have a continuous stream of great games to play. The wii u has.. err... umm... ZombiU?

if the sony fans had games to play they wouldnt be here
#23FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/31/2013 3:56:07 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
interesting article Kirby while i do think Nintendo is entering a little bit of a slump with the wii u i do have faith that when they start to launch there big first p

I'm thinking that what Nintendo really needs is a price drop. When the games release I expect a surge in sales but without a price cut I don't see it lasting long enough.

I think the real question is how big is the home console fanbase for nintendo when you count out the casuals that bought the wii and used it as a wii sports/ wii fit machine. Those same people are not as enthusiastic about the wii u right now, and I don't really see that changing. Will the numbers be closer to the wii's numbers, or gamecube/n64 numbers ?

One problem with catering to the "casual" crowd is that the casual crowd doesn't even know what the Wii U really is. I hate to bring up one of the oldest arguments about this system but most people do think they system is just the gamepad and not a whole new console. I dont think they need a price cut just yet what they need to do is go back and re market the system showing off that hey its more than just the gamepad its a whole new home console.

I think Nintendo could get away with doing a temporary holiday price cut to try and cut into the PS4 and 720 for when they launch later this year but i still strongly believe they wont cut the price just yet.

Also I have to toss this in but this is how you have a legit conversation on this site no name calling no telling someone there a troll or a fanboy just two people talking about the little faults nintendo has made with the wii u so far in a civil manor.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#24Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:12:16 PM
One problem with catering to the "casual" crowd is that the casual crowd doesn't even know what the Wii U really is. I hate to bring up one of the oldest arguments about this system but most people do think they system is just the gamepad and not a whole new console. I dont think they need a price cut just yet what they need to do is go back and re market the system showing off that hey its more than just the gamepad its a whole new home console.

That could work but the critics, journalists, bloggers, etc that knows what the wii u is are not particularly enthusiastic about it either. It does not have the it factor of wii so I fear that even if the general public becomes more aware about the differences between it and the wii the sales spike wont be too high.

I think Nintendo could get away with doing a temporary holiday price cut to try and cut into the PS4 and 720 for when they launch later this year but i still strongly believe they wont cut the price just yet.

A price cut there would be the most logical choice, but if the PS4 and 720 also come out with slow sales as well it probably wouldn't be necessary.

Also I have to toss this in but this is how you have a legit conversation on this site no name calling no telling someone there a troll or a fanboy just two people talking about the little faults nintendo has made with the wii u so far in a civil manor.

The people who constantly feed the trolls enjoy doing it, otherwise they would just stop or use the ignore function.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#25JunT1986Posted 1/31/2013 4:15:36 PM
Saying Nintendo needs a price cut for the Wii U is a bit ridiculous since its only been out for three months. More realistically after a year maybe you'll see a price cut.

tbh its not that expensive of a console and you have the choice to pick the standard wii u which is 100pounds cheaper than the premium ver.