Is it safe to get one yet?

#1blazingsonicPosted 1/31/2013 10:34:01 AM
Well I missed the offically launched, Missed the Christmas rush, heard the stories of the 5 gig update and heard Iwata's apology, And learned how the Wii U launched with only more than half of it's features.
So I'm asking now, that it's been about two months, are stores getting Wii U with all the update features already installed? Any new bugs fixed? Rayman Legends is coming soon, I want that and the new HD Wind Waker, So how is the Wii U now?
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#2b1gt0nePosted 1/31/2013 10:37:49 AM
Have a launch system, never froze, never glitches, update is not 5gigs, menu load time is 1/3 of the 360. Don't believe the haters, notice how no more problems have been mentioned as of late??
#3picanoPosted 1/31/2013 10:39:42 AM
First off, it was only a 1GB update --- took about an hour for me.

Secondly, I think all the 'on the box' features are available now --- but I don't think you'll be able to purchase a new console with them installed for a while longer.

Third, I'm enjoying it --- got a deluxe with Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Sonic Racing, and Zombi U. Can't wait for Rayman (though, I've never actually played one... but my friends and I have played the demo multiple times over now). If you only plan on Rayman until Wind Waker HD, it might not be worth it for you yet.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#4bioskarrdPosted 1/31/2013 10:46:45 AM
Bought the Deluxe bundle less than a week ago, ended up with a defective unit. Worked fine for a few hours then started over heating within 2-5 minutes and would force shut off.
However, I took it back to gamestop and exchanged it for another, now I've got a working WIi U and am enjoying it very much.
The patch isn't too bad, just go watch trailers or something while it downloads.

Big patch in spring that is supposed to cut down on load times and add a lot of Virtual Console support so you might want to wait for that (although i see no real reason to).

If you plan on buying a Wii U, I recommend buying the Deluxe edition. You save $30, comes with a bigger hard drive, and its black. Definitely worth the extra $50 over the regular edition.