I'd argue that your standards are too low if you're happy with the WiiU as it is

#1NoJobBobPosted 1/31/2013 12:21:59 PM
Even the biggest nintendo defenders have to admit that this is just disappointing. Nintendo is my favourite company, but they've royally screwed up. The difference with the Wii was that motion controls were innovative. The problem this time is that nintendo is competing with apple in tablets and the ipad is simply a superior product. It's also nothing new to the consumer. What the consumer wants in gaming now is either much better graphics or innovation. 8 year old graphics and tablet gaming is old and boring

There's nothing really next gen about the wiiu, The best thing about it is it's an excuse for them to make new sequels to franchises we like. Sadly though that's all it is....sequels. Still no big new IPs from nintendo. Just the same old same old with a fresh coat of paint.

If you're satisfied with the wiiu, than imo you need higher standards
#2Rasputin77Posted 1/31/2013 12:27:12 PM
Right, except I wasn't expecting a truly "next-gen" system, so my standards are right where they should be.

Your big faux pas is judging the standards of complete strangers compared to those of your own.

Oh, almost forgot - "Whuuuuuuu, why don't u go get a job, bo--"--Y-y-y-y-yyyuck.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#3NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:28:35 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Right, except I wasn't expecting a truly "next-gen" system, so my standards are right where they should be.

Your big faux pas is judging the standards of complete strangers compared to those of your own.

Oh, almost forgot - "Whuuuuuuu, why don't u go get a job, bo--"--Y-y-y-y-yyyuck.

You need higher standards if this is what you've come to expect(and accept) from nintendo.
#4wingo84Posted 1/31/2013 12:28:41 PM
In all fairness I don't think anyone was asking for your oppinion...
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#5pbandjamesPosted 1/31/2013 12:30:03 PM
If you have to pretend that there has to be lofty standards to expensive first world entertainment, then you're trying to hard.
---
Game news is the best news.
#6sentoworfPosted 1/31/2013 12:30:51 PM
Rasputin77 posted...

http://digilander.libero.it/pakkalo/images/disegni/disegni_kids_yuck_kb2.gif
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#7Rasputin77Posted 1/31/2013 12:31:20 PM
NoJobBob posted...
Rasputin77 posted...

You need higher standards if this is what you've come to expect(and accept) from nintendo.

Right - I expect and accept that from Sony. How can I have higher standards for Nintendo if I don't expect something in particular from them? I don't expect the best beer selection from the corner gas station... so why should my standards for them be higher?

LOL, you try too hard, dude. =)
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#8Daveddy72Posted 1/31/2013 12:36:11 PM
Argue all you want,im gonna have fun playing mine
#9The_HyphenatorPosted 1/31/2013 12:39:28 PM
NoJobBob posted...
I'd argue that your standards are too low if you're happy with the WiiU as it is.

Well, I'd argue that you need to find better things to do with your time than post flame-bait topics on a message board for a system you don't care about. I guess we're both going home disappointed today, aren't we, Bob?
#10RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 12:41:13 PM
I'd argue my standards for this topic are exactly where they should be.

Garbage.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."