Why doesnt the Wii U have a hard reset?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why doesnt the Wii U have a hard reset?
4 years ago#1
i mean that's a given with any kind of technology these days right? My Wii u has frozen now more times than my launch 360 and my PS3. Every single time i have to unplug the power which i dont feel too comfortable doing. Why do you do this to us nintendo?
Soshified!
4 years ago#2
No clue. The Wii had a hard reset.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
4 years ago#3
After the system update it shouldn't freeze so much anyway.
4 years ago#4
I experience this all the time too...I dislike having to unplug every time, although it's in an accessible place in my living room, so it's not a great big deal. Still very annoying though.
4 years ago#5
If holding down the power button doesn't help in these freezing situations, then I doubt a reset button would do anything either.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
4 years ago#6
CaptainMoose posted...
After the system update it shouldn't freeze so much anyway.

Ah, well. There you have it folks.
4 years ago#7
DiscostewSM posted...
If holding down the power button doesn't help in these freezing situations, then I doubt a reset button would do anything either.

reset is not the same as hard reset. If every single modern tech can do it. The Wii u should be able to do it. I updated my Wii u the day I got it and it still freezes quite often.
Soshified!
4 years ago#8
XlYesterdaYlX posted...
i mean that's a given with any kind of technology these days right? My Wii u has frozen now more times than my launch 360 and my PS3. Every single time i have to unplug the power which i dont feel too comfortable doing. Why do you do this to us nintendo?

Funny how you say that hard reset is a given with any kind of technology these days and then compare the Wii U to two other devices that also don't have hard resets.
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
4 years ago#9
mjc0961 posted...
XlYesterdaYlX posted...

Funny how you say that hard reset is a given with any kind of technology these days and then compare the Wii U to two other devices that also don't have hard resets.

Touche salesman
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
4 years ago#10

I've never had to unplug my 360 or PS3 when they froze.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why doesnt the Wii U have a hard reset?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived