Why doesnt the Wii U have a hard reset?

#1XlYesterdaYlXPosted 1/31/2013 3:13:14 PM
i mean that's a given with any kind of technology these days right? My Wii u has frozen now more times than my launch 360 and my PS3. Every single time i have to unplug the power which i dont feel too comfortable doing. Why do you do this to us nintendo?
---
Soshified!
#2GloryChaosPosted 1/31/2013 3:14:44 PM
No clue. The Wii had a hard reset.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#3CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 3:15:16 PM
After the system update it shouldn't freeze so much anyway.
#4Knuckles1412Posted 1/31/2013 3:27:38 PM
I experience this all the time too...I dislike having to unplug every time, although it's in an accessible place in my living room, so it's not a great big deal. Still very annoying though.
#5DiscostewSMPosted 1/31/2013 3:33:35 PM
If holding down the power button doesn't help in these freezing situations, then I doubt a reset button would do anything either.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6lgiPosted 1/31/2013 3:34:38 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
After the system update it shouldn't freeze so much anyway.

Ah, well. There you have it folks.
#7XlYesterdaYlX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:43:29 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
If holding down the power button doesn't help in these freezing situations, then I doubt a reset button would do anything either.

reset is not the same as hard reset. If every single modern tech can do it. The Wii u should be able to do it. I updated my Wii u the day I got it and it still freezes quite often.
---
Soshified!
#8mjc0961Posted 1/31/2013 4:04:10 PM
XlYesterdaYlX posted...
i mean that's a given with any kind of technology these days right? My Wii u has frozen now more times than my launch 360 and my PS3. Every single time i have to unplug the power which i dont feel too comfortable doing. Why do you do this to us nintendo?

Funny how you say that hard reset is a given with any kind of technology these days and then compare the Wii U to two other devices that also don't have hard resets.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#9_Sovereign_Posted 1/31/2013 5:52:20 PM
mjc0961 posted...
XlYesterdaYlX posted...

Funny how you say that hard reset is a given with any kind of technology these days and then compare the Wii U to two other devices that also don't have hard resets.

Touche salesman
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#10LUlGIPosted 1/31/2013 6:38:41 PM

I've never had to unplug my 360 or PS3 when they froze.