How will the PlayStation 4 announcement on February 20th impact the Wii U?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 1/31/2013 4:05:43 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/31/see-the-future/

I feel this will put a lot of people considering a Wii U on the fence, waiting to see what the new PlayStation offers and if Nintendo really has a true next gen console in comparison.

I hope for the best for Wii U, but now is when it's sales slump and failure to penetrate the market is serious. The competition is coming
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/31/2013 4:10:07 PM
im keeping myself optimistic about this announcement for some reason i just dont think it will be about the PS4.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#3EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/31/2013 4:12:24 PM(edited)
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
im keeping myself optimistic about this announcement for some reason i just dont think it will be about the PS4.

They're inviting investors and media to the event according to Pachter. It's likely to be the next console.

And Nintendo will be fine.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Now playing: RE: Revelations, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops II, Trine 2, Walking Dead
#4StickMen1090Posted 1/31/2013 4:13:15 PM
hopefully Sony doesnt screw things up with this launch
#5DynheartPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:21 PM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/31/see-the-future/

I feel this will put a lot of people considering a Wii U on the fence, waiting to see what the new PlayStation offers and if Nintendo really has a true next gen console in comparison.

I hope for the best for Wii U, but now is when it's sales slump and failure to penetrate the market is serious. The competition is coming

At worst, the Wii U ends up selling like the GC. I think the thing will sell around 40 million, but that's all moot. Nintendo will release another console in 5 years, they're crazy not to.

They'll weather the storm, and bring out games that no other console has. Because that's what it ultimately comes down to: Games.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:08 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

They're inviting investors and media to the event according to Pachter. It's likely to be the next console.

And Nintendo will be fine.

Like i said ima remain optimistic like i do for all these kinds of things that way im never dissapointed cause i hyped myself up
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7robinhoekPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:54 PM
We don't know the weight or velocity of the PS4 so it is impossible to know how it will impact the Wii U.
#8HeaderHogPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:55 PM
It's going to produce a lot of trolls on this board saying "Nintendo's gonna get smashed! They're gonna go bankrupt with the Pii U!"
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#9EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/31/2013 4:15:16 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
hopefully Sony doesnt screw things up with this launch

Yep. They've not been good with their last couple of launches of new hardware. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Now playing: RE: Revelations, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops II, Trine 2, Walking Dead
#10HeaderHogPosted 1/31/2013 4:16:55 PM
robinhoek posted...
We don't know the weight or velocity of the PS4 so it is impossible to know how it will impact the Wii U.

Knowing how Sony likes to make gigantic bricks of their consoles, just dropping it an inch on the Wii U will put a sizeable dent in it.
But it ain't goin' down just yet. *target painted for grammar nazis*
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.