How will the PlayStation 4 announcement on February 20th impact the Wii U?

#51b1gt0nePosted 1/31/2013 7:32:07 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
hopefully Sony doesnt screw things up with this launch

All Sony has to do is not price the console at $500 + dollars, from the rumors it's going to priced at around $400, which means it'll absolutely sell very well.

They're not getting my money again.
#52CaptainMoosePosted 1/31/2013 7:30:22 PM
Eoin posted...
GloryChaos posted...
More Vita and Ps3 games.

Again, they've invited the world's press. Not just gaming press - technology press as well, and enough mainstream press have posted news stories quickly enough to suggest that they've also invited mainstream press.

To a hardware event.

If they wanted to announce new games, well, they have a hands-on software press event today. Why not there? And why would they invite tech blogs? And why would they live blog it (confirmed by SCEE)? And why would they use PlayStation Meeting - something they've only ever used for once-off hardware announcements? And why would they have a video that didn't mention PS3 at all (on a web page tagged with multiple search terms, but not including "PS3" or "Vita").

This is the PS4 announcement. There's no real doubt about it.

You tryin to convince us or yourself bud? Lol
#53b1gt0nePosted 1/31/2013 7:34:24 PM
Their greed and desperation will surely have them f****** up royally,,,,,,again.
#54anon_firePosted 1/31/2013 7:42:12 PM
lowuw posted...
People are going to talk bad about the Wii U. The funny thing is when ps4 and the next xbox come out, there won't be many games and the Wii U will have a good game library.

Ditto that, PS4/720 doomed cause of no good games.
#55G1ingyPosted 1/31/2013 7:46:23 PM
After a few years, Sony will try to make a carbon copy clone of the Wii U pad just like they did with the WiiMote.
#56sonicsonicPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:54 PM
Funny thing is though...

If this is the announcement of the the PS4, then that would mean the PS3 must be considered a failure by Sony. During launch they stated a lot of times they wanted to make the PS3 last 10 years. It's been out 7 now, so if this is the PS4 the PS3 would have been Sony's primary console for 8.. which is average. Of course this doesn't make the PS3 a failure...

However when people consider the WiiU's launch bad for falling short of Nintendo's expectations, I feel the need to point you to the PS3 launch which was fairly lacklustre and fell very far below Sony's foolish expectations.

I'm unsure how this will affect the WiiU. We need more details.
#57SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/31/2013 7:56:39 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Even if the announcement was something like 'The PS4 will be... a great machine!' the trolls would use it as argument to claim it will stomp the Wii U.

Same way the trolls claimed the Wii U would outclass the PS360 in power? The way trolls said the Wii U would get all the multiplatform games? I'll bet if the announcement is for the PS4, they'll have at least one 1st party game in the second and third month of the consoles life, which would be one more game than Nintendo will have for Wii U.

I can play the game just as well as you can. Troll, lol.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#58geneticsftwPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:29 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
Even if the announcement was something like 'The PS4 will be... a great machine!' the trolls would use it as argument to claim it will stomp the Wii U.

Same way the trolls claimed the Wii U would outclass the PS360 in power? The way trolls said the Wii U would get all the multiplatform games? I'll bet if the announcement is for the PS4, they'll have at least one 1st party game in the second and third month of the consoles life, which would be one more game than Nintendo will have for Wii U.

I can play the game just as well as you can. Troll, lol.

Lol,
---
Sweet
#59PendragoonPosted 1/31/2013 8:03:05 PM
sonicsonic posted...
Funny thing is though...

If this is the announcement of the the PS4, then that would mean the PS3 must be considered a failure by Sony. During launch they stated a lot of times they wanted to make the PS3 last 10 years. It's been out 7 now, so if this is the PS4 the PS3 would have been Sony's primary console for 8.. which is average. Of course this doesn't make the PS3 a failure...

However when people consider the WiiU's launch bad for falling short of Nintendo's expectations, I feel the need to point you to the PS3 launch which was fairly lacklustre and fell very far below Sony's foolish expectations.

I'm unsure how this will affect the WiiU. We need more details.

They said the same thing about the PS1 and PS2, Sony supports their consoles for at leat 10 years before discontinuing them. They never said that the PS4 would come out in 2016.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#60lp913Posted 1/31/2013 8:12:50 PM(edited)
Unless its full all out PS3/PSN compatibility and its sub $400 + its gonna struggle much harder than PS3 did back in 2006. Launch games will be CRITICAL (moreso than Wii U's) Nintendo will be in a much better position with first party games along with a much larger line up built up over the last year in both retail and digital. If it is extra graphical muscle there, they WILL NEED IT with an exclusive first party game of their own if they really want the attention of other gamers (mainly from its own PS3 crowd) to seriously care about warranting the upgrade.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]