Doesn't Nintendo have like 100 Billion Yen saved up anyway?

#1HeyItsZantPosted 1/31/2013 4:28:43 PM
After the massive success that was the Wii, what's this talk about Nintendo going under? I understand they need to support their current console, but people are talking like they're on the verge of bankruptcy....

Also the number in the title is just a mindless guess I have no idea how much they have, but it's probably a lot.
---
Click This Link For a Moment of Epicness:
http://tinyurl.com/9wap6t4 (Works every time!)
#2squatch22Posted 1/31/2013 4:29:36 PM
No debt and over $13 billion
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3TheGamingGolferPosted 1/31/2013 4:35:57 PM
squatch22 posted...

Doomed I tell you! DOOOOOMED!
---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#4b1gt0nePosted 1/31/2013 4:47:00 PM
This topic is troll repellant.
#5robinhoekPosted 1/31/2013 4:56:12 PM
squatch22 posted...

They do have debt.
#6lgiPosted 1/31/2013 4:56:23 PM
Shame. All that money, and they're not investing it on triple AAA titles.
#7ORANGE666Posted 1/31/2013 5:01:51 PM
They have money but not the support of their owners. Remember that Nintendo is a public company, stock owners want Nintendo to expand by buying developers and trying out new systems such as iOS. Nintendo however does the opposite, they try and save money which is concerning if you're an investor, because you want Nintendo to grow bigger not just make money.

Especially since unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo lives day to day. They have no plan 5 years from now, they're not investing money as how to run their business a decade from now. They live day to day. So if Nintendo makes a single slip, that's it, they most likely would have no backup plan. Anything that hurts their image would kill them.

The direction Nintendo is heading now is not good, but they could always use their money to buy themselves out which is always an option. Then they could do whatever they want and still make lots of profit.
#8robinhoekPosted 1/31/2013 5:05:25 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
They have money but not the support of their owners. Remember that Nintendo is a public company, stock owners want Nintendo to expand by buying developers and trying out new systems such as iOS. Nintendo however does the opposite, they try and save money which is concerning if you're an investor, because you want Nintendo to grow bigger not just make money.

Especially since unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo lives day to day. They have no plan 5 years from now, they're not investing money as how to run their business a decade from now. They live day to day. So if Nintendo makes a single slip, that's it, they most likely would have no backup plan. Anything that hurts their image would kill them.

The direction Nintendo is heading now is not good, but they could always use their money to buy themselves out which is always an option. Then they could do whatever they want and still make lots of profit.

Nonsense. Nintendo has contingency plans just like every other global corporation. Also, expansion is not always in the best interest of a firm and stockholders often care more for short term gains rather than the financial stability of a company.
#9Hawke0Posted 1/31/2013 5:09:41 PM
100 billion yen

So... $20?
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#10GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 5:09:48 PM
ORANGE666 posted...

I agree. Come on Nintendo. I don't want you to go away like Sega.
Btw why did Sega go software?
Didn't have a computer back then so I don't know anything about the war.
My friend had a dreamcast a while back. Sonic adventure was good.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........