What would Sony/Microsoft have to announce to completely kill the Wii U?

#31KattrandPosted 1/31/2013 10:11:25 PM
- $200 price point
- Launch date
- BC w/PS3/360
- All of your digital content will transfer with no problems at no cost
- more than 10 AAA games at launch!

Seriously though, only a price lower than the Wii U will kill it off entirely. Anything else will just would d it!
---
Oh, all right, Uncle Ulty REALLY wants you to paint his portrait!
#32Oni_TaedoPosted 1/31/2013 10:33:09 PM
- Learn an alien tongue.
- Go to origin planet of alien language.
- Find an odd number of magical orbs.
- Summon whatever creature might dwell inside them.
- Ask mystical dragon/unicorn/Jack Thompson to help Sony or Microsoft crush the Wii U.
- Get denied, because no being, god or cyborg, is going to be able to help Sony, and money is worthless on other planets, so Microsoft would be pretty much screwed, as throwing money at things is how they get anything done. They don't even have development teams. They throw money to the ground, and if they wish hard enough, whatever they were trying to make just pops into existence.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#33twopinacoladasPosted 1/31/2013 10:56:49 PM
If they had hardware vastly superior and had similar features that were better and would trounce Wii U's gamepad. With that said Nintendo has a lot of fans and once they release really good first party games the system will sell. So I agree that Nintendo will never die it is possible the system wouldn't be as successful as the Wii but that wouldn't be a surprise as the Wii sold extremely well for a long time and that could be be hard to duplicate.
---
www.itstimetosplit.com
#34Argh4430Posted 2/1/2013 12:20:41 AM
Wii U is easier to kill than 3DS now. I'd expect a true next-gen system priced around $300-350 would be enough, but nothing can kill Wii U, since Nintendo isn't exactly rocky with their stocks, not unlike Sega when the Dreamcast couldn't pull them out of the mire.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936
#35LLcooldre2728Posted 2/1/2013 3:01:54 PM
A Final Fantasy 7 remake at launch for Sony, and complete backwards compatibility for original and 360 games for Microsoft.
---
I've been having these weird thoughts lately...
Like," is any of this for real, or not ?"- Sora
#36tav19Posted 2/1/2013 3:24:56 PM
Let see both would have to sell a system with the equivalent specs of a high end gaming PC, free full backwards compatibility with all of their company's past consoles, a touchscreen controller, a free online service ala PSN, no anti-used game/DRM software, a variation of the steam store, have a built in blu-ray player, and play all Wii U games for $300 - $350.

Which I can tell you right now ain't gonna happen and if either of them (Sony or Microsoft) want me to buy their next gen system they will need to do at least half those things (specifically Free full BC, No AUG/DRM software, Free online and sub a $400 price tag) and if they don't do any of the stuff in parenthesis then I'm not buying em I can get by with playing Wii U, 3DS, PC and PS3 games.