Wall Street Journal: "New PlayStation arriving this year", PS4 vs. Wii U soon

#81LoregiverPosted 2/1/2013 6:22:22 AM
In an update, the Journal adds that Sony is planning to "incorporate more social gaming aspects into the new machine," and that the company is generally focused more on "changes in how users interact with the machine" rather than spec improvements. Reportedly, it will still have an optical drive, though the publication's anonymous sources say that Sony had considered removing it. As rumored in April, the Journal says that the console will likely use AMD processors for both CPU and GPU, which could make backwards compatibility with PS3 games — developed for the Cell processor architecture — difficult.

Interesting.
#82Rasputin77Posted 2/1/2013 6:25:43 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
Market crash!!

I am totally not counting that possibility out.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#83Rasputin77Posted 2/1/2013 6:27:20 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
b1gt0ne posted...
Market crash!!

I am totally not counting that possibility out.

b1gt0ne posted...
-Damien- posted...
I can just see Wii U trembling in fear, sucking its thumb in the corner in fetal position

irony lol

No, honey... that isn't irony. =( The wife's teaching the kid vocab, right? **crosses fingers** ;D
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#84HungoverHero777Posted 2/1/2013 6:31:28 AM
Lol, why are you guys replying to spoon? He's just revenge trolling for the Vita board.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#85monkeyspoonPosted 2/1/2013 6:50:17 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Lol, why are you guys replying to spoon? He's just revenge trolling for the Vita board.

Stopping nintendrones from lying is not trolling. If you understood the truth you wouldn't be butthurt.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#86atopp399Posted 2/1/2013 7:02:14 AM(edited)
And the Wii U will lead in sales as long as the PS4 is $200+ more which it wil probably be. If Sony somehow manages to release this at $400 or lower then they will have a winner. Anyone other than the hardcore gamers are not going to shell out $400+ in addition to a $60 game + possibly a second $60+ controller. Sony's problem is their pricing strategy. Look at the Vita. Priced out the ass so no one buys it which in turn prevents developers from making games on it.

Upgrading from a HD console to another HD console is going to be a hard sell for a lot of the more casual gamers out there which is what makes up most sales after the initial couple months. I have not seen very many people at all complaining about the graphics on the Xbox 360 or PS3.

And their whole "social" expansion may kick them in the balls. Those kind of gamers are probably playing facebook games or gaming on their iPhone/iPad more than they would be on a console.
#87AnclationPosted 2/1/2013 7:00:29 AM
If Sony really is rushing the PS4 that could turn out very badly for them. It's not like their last two major launches (PS3 and Vita) went smoothly. The again, they (Sony) don't really seem to learn from their mistakes, and their most delusional fanboys don't even acknowledge they make any mistakes, so I'm not surprised to see the premature declarations of victory.
#88SuperShyGuy9000Posted 2/1/2013 7:17:50 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
So Nintendo never makes new characters? We all know thats BS.

what new IP that they made that features completely new characters? do list some from the past 10 years.

10 years? New characters? Challenge accepted

Eternal Darkness
Baten Kaitos
Disaster Day of Crisis
Drill Dozer
Steel diver
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandora’s Tower
Geist
#89synthostarsPosted 2/1/2013 7:27:12 AM
their launches will more then likely be like the wii u in the launch window so only the die hards will get one at launch and then on their forums it will like the wii u forums.
---
GT Elicoor Meracle psn Fadeddust1
#90RisingWaterPosted 2/1/2013 7:31:04 AM
haha

WiiU competition is not just PS4,some people really live in 2005.Back then you had 3 consoles,PC and nothing else.

These days you have iOS,Android,Internet,PC,tablets,smartphones and who knows what else grouped together with consoles and each of them are taking gaming money away from consoles.