Third party will beg to be on Wii U, just wait

#1excitebike64Posted 1/31/2013 11:48:07 PM
The economy is still very weak. Goodbye THQ. Goodbye to several small studios. Epic Mickey no longer going to be a trilogy???

Long term, the competition might gain speed. But this is loooooong term. Until then, companies will need money. Making games for 360, PS3, and now Wii U is where the money is at for console gaming.

Even 50 dollars more, means most people won't buy a PS4 or Next Box. The average consumer just won't *** all over the new tech like the Internet communities. But don't totally blame third party, by themselves. They are listening to the share holders more than the reality. They will push a few high budget games. Returns will suck. The Wii U will be the next best thing, or going back to PS3 or 360.

Wii U will dominate. Japanese markets first. Right now they are just happy with the hand held stuff, but a few big games... the market will shift. Then later the Western market, such as EA, will stop being silly shortly there after.

BIg losses coming to ones ignoring or dancing around Wii U.
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/31/2013 11:50:59 PM
You sound insecure
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#3quickposterPosted 2/1/2013 12:19:55 AM
I completely agree TC. Circumstances have changed. Your looking at it more realistically like I am.

And it isn't just prices of consoles that will rise either. Games will go up because development costs will be higher. The more powerful it is the more expensive it is. To the developers and consumers. EA claim their definition isn't Wii U but their definition is irrelevant. What matters is what consumers decide. They will suddenly start kissing backside when they see the others getting off to a slow start.

People seem to think that Sony and Microsoft have some kind of "ownership" on the market. Hold on a minute here. Last time you said Sony would control the market. Why do you suddenly add Xbox into your "evidence"? Because it proved you wrong.

There is this thing called karma. Trolls here are convinced the masses want power but they don't. They want a games console for GAMES! And Wii U will have had a whole year to build a library. Laugh it up now but when you see how those launch lineups compare you won't be laughing. And improved graphics won't be enough to justify the prices the games will be going for.

The position the 360 and PS3 are in will make it difficult for any of the others to jump into the market without tripping up. When it comes to light that all that extra money is needed on games, hardware, DLC etc. people will naturally turn to Wii U as the cheapest viable option. And the games library will be bigger.

Since everything the internet proclaimed the exact opposite came to pass I am certain: Wii U owners will have the last laugh.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#4zender1999Posted 2/1/2013 12:31:33 AM
wiiu will dominate no matter what, when games like metroid, wind waker, mario 3d and so on start coming out.there is nothing the competition can do to stop it from being numero uno
#5geneticsftwPosted 2/1/2013 12:35:00 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
You sound insecure

Not any less secure compared to other stupid posts.
---
Sweet
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/1/2013 12:35:18 AM
quickposter posted...
The more powerful it is the more expensive it is. To the developers and consumers

Right, so why come PC games are $10 less than console games and those games destroy anything graphically on a console?
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#7zender1999Posted 2/1/2013 12:38:44 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
quickposter posted...
The more powerful it is the more expensive it is. To the developers and consumers

Right, so why come PC games are $10 less than console games and those games destroy anything graphically on a console?

because they come out 10 months after the console version releases and because they are sloppy console ports? what is the last few good pc games to come out that were not sloppy console ports?
#8ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/1/2013 12:40:43 AM
excitebike64 posted...
Even 50 dollars more, means most people won't buy a PS4 or Next Box. The average consumer just won't *** all over the new tech like the Internet communities. But don't totally blame third party, by themselves. They are listening to the share holders more than the reality. They will push a few high budget games. Returns will suck. The Wii U will be the next best thing, or going back to PS3 or 360.

This sounds logical but I don't buy it. This was the same rationalization before the original Wii and it certainly didn't get third party support. The Wii U may be less expensive to develop for but It'll have at best 1/3 of the market. Going multiplat and developing for the more powerful consoles will let them hit 2/3 of the market. That's what happened last gen and I don't know why that would change.
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/1/2013 12:44:20 AM(edited)
zender1999 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
quickposter posted...

because they come out 10 months after the console version releases and because they are sloppy console ports? what is the last few good pc games to come out that were not sloppy console ports?

What are you talking about? 10 months later? LOL, that's really just GTA and Dark Souls.

BF3 and Far Cry 3, that's all I need to list to show how much more graphical those games are compared to anything on the console and they run 10x better on PC..

They completely destroy the console version.
---
#10TheBonfiniPosted 2/1/2013 12:44:19 AM
Don't worry TC, in the Mushroom Kingdom as you envision it in your dreams can have all the third party developers in the whole wide world working on Nintendo games.

They'll work like elves on Christmas Eve!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg