The year 2019...

#1nonexistingheroPosted 2/1/2013 2:58:31 AM
Given current trends, if there's a next console generation, it should start that year. With Nintendo releasing the Wii U's successor. Yes, 7 years is more than the 6 year gap between the Wii and Wii U. But Sony and MS aren't releasing their consoles until at least the very end of 2013. And they tend to drag it out. So I'm not expecting their 9th gen console (if they ever release one) to release until 2020 or 2021.

Although I do expect at least Sony or MS to have dropped out of the console market by then (with probably another company rising).

But ahm... damn, I'd be old. Hope I'm married with kids by then. And if not... that's pretty sad (not that my current situation isn't sad).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2RycerXPosted 2/1/2013 3:01:27 AM
Implying that being married with kids isn't sad. Take my advice and don't get married or have kids. Just find the love of your life and live happily ever after.
#3BrokenBandit84Posted 2/1/2013 3:02:02 AM
I think the Wii U's lifespan will be longer I am estimating the Next Nintendo system will be at the end of 2022.
#4nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:09:42 AM
RycerX posted...
Implying that being married with kids isn't sad. Take my advice and don't get married or have kids. Just find the love of your life and live happily ever after.

I want to marry and have kids some time. And in 2019 I'd be 34 by the time the console launches (currently 27).
---
#5nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:15:59 AM
BrokenBandit84 posted...
I think the Wii U's lifespan will be longer I am estimating the Next Nintendo system will be at the end of 2022.

Could be, but Nintendo is old-skool. Console generations only lasted about 5 years until this generation. Only the PS2 was 6 years (before the PS3 came out). This generation is exceptionally long. In fact, if Sony & MS weren't extending the 7th generation, I think Nintendo would've stuck to their 5-year plan for the Wii. Since Sony & MS are releasing later this time around and since they don't want 5 year generations, I think Nintendo won't be able to just use their 5-year cycle. But I don't think they will make it last for longer than 7 years, because there's probably new technology they want to push.
---
#6RycerXPosted 2/1/2013 3:21:23 AM(edited)
Well don't say I didn't warn you. Marriage destroys a relationship, and I would know. When you're rolled over at the edge of the bed facing the wall wondering what the hell you've gotten yourself into, remember RycerX from GameFAQs taught you better.

All things considered, statistically you still have a 1-in-4 chance of making it work, so good luck I guess.

I wouldn't worry by the way, I always catch myself thinking like this, like what if I die before the next gen of consoles, or the finale to some epic film series, or the next solar eclipse, or whatever. Time flies, it'll be here tomorrow before you know it.
#7nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:27:18 AM
It all just depends on the people in the relationship and what they prefer. It's not the same for everyone. Yeah, tons of divorces & people rushing into marriages in the past few decades. Still, having a nice family of my own is something I really want. Simply being in a relationship with someone and not striving for more wouldn't make me happy.
---
#8HungtotheoverPosted 2/1/2013 3:29:21 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
It all just depends on the people in the relationship and what they prefer. It's not the same for everyone. Yeah, tons of divorces & people rushing into marriages in the past few decades. Still, having a nice family of my own is something I really want. Simply being in a relationship with someone and not striving for more wouldn't make me happy.

Awwwwwww
---
The only 3rd party games that sell on Nintendo consoles are ones that make you dance.
#9RycerXPosted 2/1/2013 3:38:40 AM
Hope it goes better for you than it did for me. You'll be older and perhaps wiser than I was, so there's that.
#10Mattatron42Posted 2/1/2013 3:39:16 AM
in the year 2525, if man is still alive

Sounds about right tc, if sony and ms take another 8 years to release a new console would be sadder than yours and my life combined though. I liked the consistent 5-6 year gens we used to have, last gen seemed to last way too long. (Technically still going for another year at least with ms and sony)
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron