All Games Should Use Off-TV

#1diggyfreshPosted 2/1/2013 4:01:01 AM
All games should at least implement some mini-games.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#2wingo84Posted 2/1/2013 4:25:12 AM
Why?
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/1/2013 4:30:27 AM
It would be nice to have been built in to the system for Wii Channel to output to the GamePad screen, and while it isn't viable for all, or probably even most Wii U games to have off-TV play, it would be nice to implement it for games that don't absolutely need two screens running at the same time.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4JackalPosted 2/1/2013 4:31:20 AM
Wasn't Nintendo attacked in the UK because this feature was misleading? That it's actually a developer option and not the norm?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#5selfdeztructionPosted 2/1/2013 5:43:58 AM
Off tv play is a huge selling point when deciding on a multiplat game.

If a game supports off tv play,it is similar to getting a console and handheld game for the price of one.

I think it makes devs look really lazy and their games look like rushed cash ins if they don't support an option for gamepad only play.

It is obvious why MH will not have a gamepad only mode,they want ppl to buy the Wii U AND 3DS version instead of having the console and handheld experience from the Wii U version.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#6blunderminePosted 2/1/2013 5:46:32 AM
You want them to waste time building a crappy mini game so that small part of the game can be played on the gamepad only? That makes no sense.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#7blunderminePosted 2/1/2013 5:48:02 AM
selfdeztruction posted...

If a game supports off tv play,it is similar to getting a console and handheld game for the price of one.

I think it makes devs look really lazy and their games look like rushed cash ins if they don't support an option for gamepad only play.

It is obvious why MH will not have a gamepad only mode,they want ppl to buy the Wii U AND 3DS version instead of having the console and handheld experience from the Wii U version.

Are there any ports that don't run on the gamepad?

TC said all games, which doesn't make sense, not just the ports.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#8Tsutarja495Posted 2/1/2013 5:51:31 AM
So what about Nintendo Land? Several things happen differently on the Gamepad and TV. You want them to mash them together splitting the Gamepad screen?

I mean, yeah, simple games like NSMBU should have it, and all ports should since they would only have one screen on the other consoles, but not everything would work.
#9STE573Posted 2/1/2013 5:52:02 AM
Jackal posted...
Wasn't Nintendo attacked in the UK because this feature was misleading? That it's actually a developer option and not the norm?

A gadget blog (the gadget show) said the feature was misleading as only about half the launch games supported it. So essentially yes. But to be honest, it is a big marketing point of the Wii U, I can see why the point was raised. It's like Microsoft announcing something is Kinect compatible, and it only being the menu screen... Oh wait, that did happen lol.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#10selfdeztructionPosted 2/1/2013 6:07:14 AM
blundermine posted...
selfdeztruction posted...

Are there any ports that don't run on the gamepad?

TC said all games, which doesn't make sense, not just the ports.

I know TC was talking about all games,I was just also voicing my criticism about third parties under utilizing the GP.

The cave only uses the GP to switch between your three characters by touching their on screen picture,it also lets you switch by pressing Left,Up or Right on the dpad and this is one of the things that reflects really badly on a dev.

Both of my retail ports (Batman AC,BLOPS 2) feature GP only modes,Zombi U could've done it (like Batman AC) and required us to tap a backpack icon and gone into a splitscreen view so that it wouldn't pause the gameplay.

I love Zombi U but I'd still only play on the tv because of how much more immersive it makes that game and it utilizes the GP enough that it doesn't seem like they skimped on anything.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore