They really took the DKC trilogy off the Wii marketplace?

#1IIICE_COLDPosted 2/1/2013 5:36:23 AM
So I tried to find the DKC trilogy on the Wii Shop/Marketplace, not for the Wii U, and noticed that it's not there --- unless I'm missing something... It's a shame that they used to have it there, then decided to take it down...

Is the original SNES trilogy available anywhere right now besides for the actual SNES? It's very simple, Rare, Nintendo and Microsoft should work it out between Rare and Nintendo so they are able to have older games like this span across more than one console --- like a trade. This type of trade is not bad, and in fact, it could possible bring in even more money for said company if Rare were able to put the DKC trilogy --- in it's original format --- on both the Wii U marketplace, and Xbox Live marketplace.

Should Nintendo put even a single other exclusive on the Xbox? No.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 2/1/2013 5:37:36 AM
someone late
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#3YojimboohPosted 2/1/2013 5:44:12 AM
IIICE_COLD posted...
So I tried to find the DKC trilogy on the Wii Shop/Marketplace, not for the Wii U, and noticed that it's not there --- unless I'm missing something... It's a shame that they used to have it there, then decided to take it down...

Is the original SNES trilogy available anywhere right now besides for the actual SNES? It's very simple, Rare, Nintendo and Microsoft should work it out between Rare and Nintendo so they are able to have older games like this span across more than one console --- like a trade. This type of trade is not bad, and in fact, it could possible bring in even more money for said company if Rare were able to put the DKC trilogy --- in it's original format --- on both the Wii U marketplace, and Xbox Live marketplace.

Should Nintendo put even a single other exclusive on the Xbox? No.

why would it ever be on Xbox? because Rare developed it? it's not the same as Banjo-Kazooie, Conker or Perfect Dark you know <_<
---
I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. - John Constantine
#4IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:53:19 AM
Putting the trilogy on both systems instead of just flatout not selling them anywhere is a great idea, that's why...
---
#5NiftyManZPosted 2/1/2013 5:55:00 AM
But it's Nintendo first party characters... You think that is going to happen any time soon?
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#6IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:56:38 AM
NiftyManZ posted...
But it's Nintendo first party characters... You think that is going to happen any time soon?

Having a brief exchange across systems would be a good thing, not a bad thing... It could just remind Xbox players of the first party characters, then bring them to Nintendo.
---
#7IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:58:27 AM
I just can't believe they would be so worried about the situation that they'd go through the trouble of removing the DKC games from the Wii shop, and I know at least some of them used to be there because I have the original DKC...
---
#8NiftyManZPosted 2/1/2013 5:58:43 AM
Or it will be, "man! I only would get a wiiu fur exclusives, but if they bring this game over, maybe they will bring others in he future. I should hold off on getting a Nintendo console!"
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#940DribylfPosted 2/1/2013 6:30:43 AM
Bringing the DKC games to XBLA is a dumb, and pretty much impossible, idea.

Nintendo just has to pay MS for the use (which I assume is the problem) and blammo.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#1040DribylfPosted 2/1/2013 6:32:09 AM
http://www.screwattack.com/news/donkey-kong-country-series-being-removed-virtual-console

Yeah, it's most likely due to licensing.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990