PS3 sets another visual benchmark the Wii U needs to hit, can it?

#21trenton97Posted 2/1/2013 7:09:30 AM
And here I thought we'd be talking about Ni No.

That's a dandytastic looking game.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#22goothgone514Posted 2/1/2013 7:12:01 AM
selfdeztruction posted...
DarkMasterShake posted...
What is the best looking game on the Wii anyway?

Wii or Wii U?

Mario Galaxy 2 and Nintendo Land (the detail,lighting,depth,particle effects,shaders,clarity and draw distance)

rofl when nintendo land is the best looking game we have a problem
---
DETOX
#23Enigma149Posted 2/1/2013 7:15:17 AM
kyomagi posted...
Samman123 posted...
The Wii U is far more powerful than the PS3. It has a way better graphics card, 4 times the RAM, an equal CPU, and has some serious gameplay potential with the tablet. PS3 hasn't had better graphics since Uncharted 3 and all the "great graphics" it has causes the gameplay to be painfully linear and scripted.

>Thinks the wii u more powerful than the ps3
>Admits its got the same CPU power

nintendrones

So, the CPU is the only thing that determines power, huh? Not the Graphics Card, or the RAM, or...

Well, thanks for letting me know - you probably just saved me about $400. Screw the GeForce 670 - if my 3770K is all that matters, why, I'll just buy a Radeon HD 4350. And RAM? Who needs it? Going down to 2 GB from 32 GB should be just fine.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#24kyomagiPosted 2/1/2013 7:21:30 AM(edited)
Enigma149 posted...
kyomagi posted...
Samman123 posted...
The Wii U is far more powerful than the PS3. It has a way better graphics card, 4 times the RAM, an equal CPU, and has some serious gameplay potential with the tablet. PS3 hasn't had better graphics since Uncharted 3 and all the "great graphics" it has causes the gameplay to be painfully linear and scripted.

nintendrones

So, the CPU is the only thing that determines power, huh? Not the Graphics Card, or the RAM, or...

Well, thanks for letting me know - you probably just saved me about $400. Screw the GeForce 670 - if my 3770K is all that matters, why, I'll just buy a Radeon HD 4350. And RAM? Who needs it? Going down to 2 GB from 32 GB should be just fine.

hey did you know that you can have 20gb of ram and the highest end video card on the face of the planet, but if your CPU is based on 7 year old tech you're going to have something called a "botttleneck"?

never realized that huh?

I mean who cares if ports of games on the wii u run worse on their system than the 6/7 year old consoles, right?

WEZ GOTS VIDEOS CARDZ!
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#25omniryuPosted 2/1/2013 7:40:51 AM
kyomagi posted...
Enigma149 posted...
kyomagi posted...
Samman123 posted...

nintendrones

hey did you know that you can have 20gb of ram and the highest end video card on the face of the planet, but if your CPU is based on 7 year old tech you're going to have something called a "botttleneck"?

never realized that huh?

I mean who cares if ports of games on the wii u run worse on their system than the 6/7 year old consoles, right?

WEZ GOTS VIDEOS CARDZ!

Well, it really depends on the software. But if we are talking about visuals. The u can render more content than the PS3.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#26PigfartsPosted 2/1/2013 7:45:50 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
All I saw was a pretty version of the same linear and scripted thwack thwack thwack button mash action that was in previous GoW titles. Wake me when the gameplay isn't confined to narrow corridors that make Doom look like Just Cause in comparison.

I'm still far more impressed by what games like Assassins Creed are able to pull off all while having great graphics, not these linear corridor crawlers like GoW or Uncharted.

Off topic, it was about graphics not gameplay...
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#27EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/1/2013 7:47:17 AM
I was thinking about getting Ascension. I didn't know if they were just milking it at this point (played all of the console versions and Chains of Olympus on the PSP) but I'll check it out if people say that it's good. GOW3 was a disappointment for me.

"RAWR I KRATOS. I KILL ALL THE GODS!!!!!!!1111"
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Now playing: RE: Revelations, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops II, Trine 2, Walking Dead
#28Skill4ReelPosted 2/1/2013 7:58:42 AM
The Wonderful 101 looks better to me.
#29Enigma149Posted 2/1/2013 8:01:22 AM(edited)
kyomagi posted...
Enigma149 posted...
kyomagi posted...
Samman123 posted...

nintendrones

never realized that huh?

WEZ GOTS VIDEOS CARDZ!

Yes, of course I understand what a bottleneck is. But you make it sound like the only thing that mattered was the CPU, which is completely wrong. Also, here's a question - can you tell me which of these two CPUs is more powerful?

Intel® Celeron® Processor G530
Intel® Celeron® Processor E3400
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9650

(Just to help you out, here're some comparison charts):
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/476/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_E3400_vs_Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q9650.html
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/76/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_E3400_vs_Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_G530.html

But even stranger than your apparent incompetence with CPUs is your lack of understanding about the Wii U's CPU. It's no more "7-year-old-tech" than an Ivy Bridge processor is - it's certainly possible to trace the evolution of the processor back that far (in the Wii U's case, the CPU can be traced back to the Broadway, which was released in 2006, while in the Ivy Bridge processor's case, it can be traced back to the Kentsfield, which was, coincidentally, also released in 2006), but just because the CPU was derived from this technology doesn't make the actual technology 6-years-old.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#30bigboybluPosted 2/1/2013 8:00:01 AM
I don't understand. I am not sure if I am just not good at comparing graphics, or what, but it looks the same as the other ones. Maybe I just enjoy the game cuz its fun, and never cared about it looking better than something else. Seems like a complete waste of time being on here arguing about it. Your missing out on some fun times playing games being on here constantly. just sayin lol
---
Carl can't believe how much I make at swap meets.