PS3 sets another visual benchmark the Wii U needs to hit, can it?

#31JeroisourosinPosted 2/1/2013 9:34:00 AM
Pigfarts posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
All I saw was a pretty version of the same linear and scripted thwack thwack thwack button mash action that was in previous GoW titles. Wake me when the gameplay isn't confined to narrow corridors that make Doom look like Just Cause in comparison.

I'm still far more impressed by what games like Assassins Creed are able to pull off all while having great graphics, not these linear corridor crawlers like GoW or Uncharted.

Off topic, it was about graphics not gameplay...

And that's all that matters to Sony ponies,that's why they will never be able to enjoy the Wii-U the way other gamers do,because playing Nintendo consoles/handhelds isn't something you do for graphics.
---
I don't hate the product,I hate the fanboys the product creates.
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#32darkjedilinkPosted 2/1/2013 9:47:50 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
darkjedilink posted...
The frame rate looked horrendous. As such, I think "visual benchmark" is a bit of a stretch.

Also, X looked just as good, and it's in alpha stage.

It runs between 30 and 40 fps.

Maybe at an average, but there were parts there - at least, in the video I saw, with stuttering, down to sub-20's.

It isn't my connection - the video was buffered pretty well at that point.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#33dmbrandonnPosted 2/1/2013 9:51:13 AM
It's so funny how fanboys have a problem seeing truth. Smack talking a system that is pushing 7 years this year, when trying to compare to a system released two months ago is a joke.

If a PC did what the PS3 did visually in 2006 for 600, then you bought the same one for 350 6 years later, you'd be considered a nutjob.

Feb20th. Fanboys, it's time to stop playing just Nintendo games and start playing GAMES.
#34blitz_0623Posted 2/1/2013 10:16:57 AM
Jeroisourosin posted...
Pigfarts posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
All I saw was a pretty version of the same linear and scripted thwack thwack thwack button mash action that was in previous GoW titles. Wake me when the gameplay isn't confined to narrow corridors that make Doom look like Just Cause in comparison.

I'm still far more impressed by what games like Assassins Creed are able to pull off all while having great graphics, not these linear corridor crawlers like GoW or Uncharted.

And that's all that matters to Sony ponies,that's why they will never be able to enjoy the Wii-U the way other gamers do,because playing Nintendo consoles/handhelds isn't something you do for graphics.

Pretty sure you can say the same to Nintendrones. Since they can't enjoy awesome graphics, they just resort to praising gameplay
#35kyomagiPosted 2/1/2013 10:37:46 AM
Enigma149 posted...
kyomagi posted...
Enigma149 posted...
kyomagi posted...
Samman123 posted...
The Wii U is far more powerful than the PS3. It has a way better graphics card, 4 times the RAM, an equal CPU, and has some serious gameplay potential with the tablet. PS3 hasn't had better graphics since Uncharted 3 and all the "great graphics" it has causes the gameplay to be painfully linear and scripted.

>Thinks the wii u more powerful than the ps3
>Admits its got the same CPU power

nintendrones

So, the CPU is the only thing that determines power, huh? Not the Graphics Card, or the RAM, or...

Well, thanks for letting me know - you probably just saved me about $400. Screw the GeForce 670 - if my 3770K is all that matters, why, I'll just buy a Radeon HD 4350. And RAM? Who needs it? Going down to 2 GB from 32 GB should be just fine.

hey did you know that you can have 20gb of ram and the highest end video card on the face of the planet, but if your CPU is based on 7 year old tech you're going to have something called a "botttleneck"?

never realized that huh?

I mean who cares if ports of games on the wii u run worse on their system than the 6/7 year old consoles, right?

WEZ GOTS VIDEOS CARDZ!

Yes, of course I understand what a bottleneck is. But you make it sound like the only thing that mattered was the CPU, which is completely wrong. Also, here's a question - can you tell me which of these two CPUs is more powerful?

Intel® Celeron® Processor G530
Intel® Celeron® Processor E3400
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9650

(Just to help you out, here're some comparison charts):
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/476/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_E3400_vs_Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q9650.html
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/76/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_E3400_vs_Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_G530.html

But even stranger than your apparent incompetence with CPUs is your lack of understanding about the Wii U's CPU. It's no more "7-year-old-tech" than an Ivy Bridge processor is - it's certainly possible to trace the evolution of the processor back that far (in the Wii U's case, the CPU can be traced back to the Broadway, which was released in 2006, while in the Ivy Bridge processor's case, it can be traced back to the Kentsfield, which was, coincidentally, also released in 2006), but just because the CPU was derived from this technology doesn't make the actual technology 6-years-old.

poor fella

http://gamingbolt.com/wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-slower-than-ps3360
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#36NinjaDBLPosted 2/1/2013 10:47:36 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
Sine Bayonetta is from the same genre, the question is:

Will Bayonetta 2 have better graphics and larger scale than GoW:Ascension?

Well Platinum Games did say they wanted to bring out the full potential of the Wii U. So hopefully the finished product looks fantastic.
---
NNID: NinjaDBL
Playing: Razor's Edge, NSMBU, BO2
#37Rennik RepotsirPosted 2/1/2013 10:54:17 AM
selfdeztruction posted...
Rennik Repotsir posted...
But... I think God of War is boring...

My first GoW was the 3rd one when it released,since then I've played them all including the PSP ones.

I agree with your opinion about them being boring.I was only interested in seeing what creatures,monsters,bosses and areas they'd use,gameplay wise I was completely unimpressed and bored.

I still think that GoW 3 reached it's peak from the beginning until yeah beat Poseidon and it never gets better after that.

Greek Mythology was my primary draw to GoW on PS2 as well. But it seemed to be a one-time thing for that entire genre; which was new, refreshing and challenging with the OG DMC.

So my experience with GoW3 is up to the fighting outside of the gates where it's a gauntlet of Medusa clones and Minitors among others; but it's more of a fair one boring graphic-fest (Uncharted) for another.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#38geneticsftwPosted 2/1/2013 11:06:45 AM
Ps4 clock speed 1.8 slower than ps360
---
Sweet
#39JeroisourosinPosted 2/1/2013 11:08:51 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
Jeroisourosin posted...
Pigfarts posted...
ChipChipperson posted...

Pretty sure you can say the same to Nintendrones. Since they can't enjoy awesome graphics, they just resort to praising gameplay

Gameplay is far more important than graphics,at least it is to any gamer with common sense. I would rather play a game that's playable and isnt visually impressive than one that looks good but plays like crap.
---
I don't hate the product,I hate the fanboys the product creates.
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#40PendragoonPosted 2/1/2013 11:11:02 AM
trenton97 posted...
And here I thought we'd be talking about Ni No Kuni.

That's a dandytastic looking game.

Yep, but on a technical level it isn't very complex. The overworld has draw distance issues, the final boss has some nasty screen tear. The load times are pretty good though. The art style is the sole reason the game looks so good.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709