PS3 sets another visual benchmark the Wii U needs to hit, can it?

#41StarBladeEdgePosted 2/1/2013 10:13:53 AM(edited)
Shovel_Break posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/01/god-of-war-single-player-predictably-awesome

The first 30 minutes of God of War: Ascension, holy hell not even the recently announced Wii U games look that good. These are graphics from a console released in 2006!

Why exactly is the Wii U getting its ass handed to it by a last gen console? Im sorry but I really wish there was a Wii U game that looked that good. Graphics arent a big thing but the Wii U is supposedly a next gen console and I want next gen visuals from it :/

looks like s*** , sorry i am just honest. nsmb wiiu looks better. again sorry.

it looks better than last of us too imho.sorry just my opinion :)

i am so so so so terribly sorry but it's just my opinion sorry

:)
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#42BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/1/2013 10:12:57 AM
I guess some people fell for the troll attempt. The funniest part is that he said VISUAL benchmark instead of a benchmark of success or great quality or great games...This topic should be buried....NEXT!
---
Greatness comes from within
#43Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 2/1/2013 10:15:11 AM

poor fella

http://gamingbolt.com/wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-slower-than-ps3360

1. Clock speed is not everything. Lower does not always equate to weaker.

2.We do not even know for certain that this is even correct. Be it as it may, even if it is, then the fact that some CPU's can have a dynamic clock speed depending on what they are doing does have merit.

3. I find it hard to trust anything that isn't correct regarding clockspeeds on the Ps3 and 360. First, both are clocked at 3.2 GHz, not 3 GHz. Second, the 360 GPU is clocked at 500 MHz, not anything higher, with the Ps3 GPU at 550MHz. The fact that the article makes it out to be that the WiiU's GPU is way slower is ridiculous even if it is being compared to the Ps3 GPU, unless 549.999 MHz became vastly inferior to 550 MHz without my knowledge.

I'm not making excuses for the Wii U, and I have expressed extreme disappointment regarding the marginal improvement it seems to be over current gen, but that doesn't mean I support it when the facts are horribly misconstrued.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#44MrMisanthropePosted 2/1/2013 10:17:42 AM
Jeroisourosin posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Jeroisourosin posted...
Pigfarts posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
All I saw was a pretty version of the same linear and scripted thwack thwack thwack button mash action that was in previous GoW titles. Wake me when the gameplay isn't confined to narrow corridors that make Doom look like Just Cause in comparison.

I'm still far more impressed by what games like Assassins Creed are able to pull off all while having great graphics, not these linear corridor crawlers like GoW or Uncharted.

Off topic, it was about graphics not gameplay...

And that's all that matters to Sony ponies,that's why they will never be able to enjoy the Wii-U the way other gamers do,because playing Nintendo consoles/handhelds isn't something you do for graphics.

Pretty sure you can say the same to Nintendrones. Since they can't enjoy awesome graphics, they just resort to praising gameplay

Gameplay is far more important than graphics,at least it is to any gamer with common sense. I would rather play a game that's playable and isnt visually impressive than one that looks good but plays like crap.

This. Gameplay is the whole POINT of gaming.
#45P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/1/2013 10:23:32 AM
X
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#46renzsweetPosted 2/1/2013 10:24:47 AM
Need is such a strong word. I believe Nintendo is the only gaming device that does NOT need graphics. I am so far from a Nintendo fan (although I acknowledge they saved and practically invented modern gaming), but their games are just so defining. I have said before that while someone like Master Chief may be the mascot of Xbox and Maybe Kratos for PS, Mario is arguably the face for all of gaming as a whole. People will always buy Nintendo first party. Nintendo consoles are the only I buy first day without waiting, and I never plan it. I just know my wife and I and all of our children are going to like the Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games. And just to reiterate, Nintendo is definitely NOT my favorite company.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#47SmigmaPosted 2/1/2013 10:28:21 AM
Who's your favorite company bro?
---
They act as if I'm Chinese at least three times a day.
#48DiscostewSMPosted 2/1/2013 10:31:30 AM
kyomagi posted...

poor fella

http://gamingbolt.com/wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-slower-than-ps3360

You just made yourself look like an idiot.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#49Elem187Posted 2/1/2013 10:39:17 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Wii U won't be able to handle great graphics, Wii U's weak CPU is going to bottleneck Wii U's GPU.

Wow, sounds like you don't understand computer architecture very well, which is expected, Sony fanbois don't really understand very much about hardware or software, because if they did they would never buy a console for graphics, they would have a PC instead.

Most PC games are developed with the mind not to even use the CPU much. 95-99% of the processing is done on the GPU because a developer cannot predict how many cores their customers have, so they make that part of the processing as generic as possible. Which also lowers the cost of development.

Its just a different way of coding than the PS3, which developers absolutely have to use the CPU cores because its GPU is severly underpowered... (Radeon 2000 series equivalent)

and if you understand anything about computer hardware you would know that the CPU is almost inconsquential to game rendering. When people want a game to run better, they upgrade the GPU, and maybe the system ram before they even contemplate upgrading the CPU because the frames per second gain by upgrading a CPU is in the 2-3 frames per second range boost, where as a GPU can boost the frame rates 300 or 400% depending on how beefy they go.

The WIi U might have a slow CPU, but its Radeon 6000 is more than capable of rendering any game out there today.... and those leaked specs on the ps4/720??? they all seem to confirm a Radeon 7000 series will be slapped in... a 20-30% boost over the Wii U's GPU is hardly going to produce any revolutionary visuals.
#50SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/1/2013 10:45:00 AM
Meh, God of War is boring button mashing action game.