There's a reason graphics in games like Uncharted or FFXIII look better

#31shampoowarriorPosted 2/2/2013 7:24:02 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
i have never created a single troll topic stop lying

Had you confused with someone else. I take that part back, lo siento. Stand by the rest.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#32DTY3Posted 2/2/2013 8:10:38 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
That's what people always neglect to mention. Yea God of War or Uncharted may look great but look how bloody linear they are. Good luck moving outside the corridor you're confined to.

That's why games like Assassins Creed or even this X impress me more: great graphics on top of an amazing sense of scale. That's a lot harder to do than in games where you don't leave a hallway.

god of war i can understand since the camera is stuck at certain angles, but uncharted is different, you can make games that has a huge scale but it doesnt process every single thing, at the end of the day you're still looking at what you can view in front of the screen while everything else is not rendered or process until you move your camera to them, so uncharted being able to pull off such amazing graphics has nothing to do with it being linear.

Wow. A Run-On Paragraph. With no capitalization to boot!
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#33GLDanzegoPosted 2/2/2013 8:10:45 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
I meant which Uncharted and which chapter? Unlike many people here, I have a full time + job with a heap of responsibilities. I don't have time to just play through a game because someone points out one level somewhere in the game as an example in a debate. If you don't want to be specific, fine, but don't act as if you are.

anyone who plays uncharted would know what area im talking about, i dont care if you have a job, you want to comment about a game, go play the game.

As for graphical programming tricks, do you have an actual counterpoint? If not, quit piddling around with it. Speaking of which, that's exactly what your last comment also was. Unless you have something worthwhile to add/counter, don't bother wasting people's time with general, vague or meaningless statements. That's a poor debate tactic.

oh the irony, who's the one who just claimed someone is wrong and wrote him off while adding no new point? how about you stop wasting my time?

There are better ways to go about being proven wrong than turning into a smug baby and making dorectly contrary comments because you have nothing to counter with. That's fine, though. Now I know not to waste my time debating with the likes of you. Peace out.