How long until this is a 149$ console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How long until this is a 149$ console?

User Info: Hackfestreturns

Hackfestreturns
3 years ago#1
I would want one of these for exclusives, but not anywhere near the price they are now. At all. Since a decent size list of good exclusives usually takes a few years for Nintendo anyway, is there a chance this will cost around $150 in 2 or 3 years? Thanks.
Next thing you know, you've been pranked. This is Jon He Does It!

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
3 years ago#2
I doubt it. Maybe 200 for the white console.
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: masa8mune

masa8mune
3 years ago#3
yes because the XBOX360 is 150 too right?
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
3 years ago#4
masa8mune posted...
yes because the XBOX360 is 150 too right?

Not exactly sure why you brought Xbox into this discussion...
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: icarus231

icarus231
3 years ago#5
6 years, once the wii 3 is coming out

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#6
NiftyManZ posted...

Because even after the 6-7 years it's been out you cannot buy a 360 at that price. Generally speaking only dying consoles that are at the end of their life span will ever get THSAT big of a drop.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: DarthFloaty

DarthFloaty
3 years ago#7
If they do a redesign, you might be able to get a white one for $150 in 3 - 5 years. But I honestly doubt it.

User Info: plasmatic5

plasmatic5
3 years ago#8
I doubt they'll do a price drop. While the Wii U isn't doing phenomenally right now, it's not failing. It is not early-lifespan 3DS and it most definitely isn't the Vita. We won't see a price drop for a very very long time.
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles

User Info: Gencoil

Gencoil
3 years ago#9
I think the GamePad is what inflates the price of Wii U. It's not your ordinary controller, which would be much cheaper. So factor that into the price. Plus it's a new console, Nintendo needs to make money off it.
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil

User Info: rockymin

rockymin
3 years ago#10
Baha05 posted...
NiftyManZ posted...

Because even after the 6-7 years it's been out you cannot buy a 360 at that price. Generally speaking only dying consoles that are at the end of their life span will ever get THSAT big of a drop.

Actually, you can buy an Xbox 360 for $99 now.
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How long until this is a 149$ console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived