The 3D Mario will look beautiful.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 2/1/2013 9:51:21 AM
Just think, SMG/2 were the best looking Wii games, aside from Revelations, SM3DL looked great. It used textures in the same quality as the galaxy games, and it had better shaders, it just ran at a lower framerate. If the 3D Mario titles are usually representative of the best the system has to offer, I'm really anxious to see Super Mario Wii U.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#2DeathSnipe777Posted 2/1/2013 9:51:43 AM
Same here.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#3darkstriker00Posted 2/1/2013 9:57:19 AM
What if Nintendo went for a stylized look like they are with pokemon X/Y?
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#4noutBrPosted 2/1/2013 10:06:53 AM
darkstriker00 posted...
What if Nintendo went for a stylized look like they are with pokemon X/Y?

What is so stylized about Pokemon X/Y? They use cell shading for the characters and Pokemon to make them look more like the drawn sprites. Everything they do with the graphics is aimed at making the new game look like the 2D Pokemon games. You could call it stylized but at the same time they are only trying to re-create that magical 2D look in a 3D world.

Or did you mean cell shading when you say stylized.

However, it is very possible for Nintendo to try and do something different with the looks of the next Mario game. Mario is also a perfect candidate for cell shading, I can already imagine SMW and SMB3 styles in a 3D Mario game.

If it turns out to be a simple SMG HD look that's also okay with me but I'll definitely be a little disappointed :)
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r