Rumor: Wii U has hidden reserves of power

#141Squirt_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:13:07 AM
Could someone post this topic on reddit? It needs more of a global buzz.
#142HellsingOrgPosted 2/2/2013 6:28:51 AM
is this true?
i hope it is.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#143beetle717Posted 2/2/2013 7:49:16 AM
Eoin posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Everything the TC stated could be done with a firmware update or a flag in the game's code.

You are talking about someone who is trying to convince you to believe that the Wii U can technically match the rumoured specs of the next Sony and Microsoft consoles through overclocking of the CPU. He's not talking about a little boost, he's talking about a massive change (and he's forgetting that it's not just the Wii U's CPU that's a large distance behind the rumours).

Seriously though - I cannot believe the amount of so-called Nintendo fans who are willing to suggest that Nintendo could possibly be so enormously stupid as to try something like this. They (including you) are suggesting that Nintendo would pay more money for a CPU that neither they nor any developers could properly use for an extended (and unknown) period of time, to attempt to lull Sony and Microsoft into a nonsensical false sense of security (even though by the time the WIi U's specs were clear, Sony and Microsoft were already shipping dev kits, and even though of course Sony and Microsoft would still want to one-up each other), so that in the end the Wii U could turn out to be......a match for the other consoles, achieving.....nothing. Not one thing, anywhere. Extra costs, power unavailable, no benefit - exactly how stupid do you think Nintendo are?

I agree with everything here but I would also add that more power = more heat. Heat is bad in large quantities.
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#144StarBladeEdgePosted 2/2/2013 8:00:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#145Squirt_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:09:05 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
people

people

people

calm down....we all know the wii u is the most powerfull one.no one needs that neogaf crap.so stop pretending the wii u is weak.lol thats just pathetic nothing more.

:D:D:D

;)
#146GimeaPosted 2/3/2013 11:13:43 AM
lol this reminds me of the rumors of the original Wii having 'hidden powers', just because fanboys couldn't believe how weak it was.
---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#147Bishop9800Posted 2/3/2013 7:28:15 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

They're already doing this part. That's why Wii U gets no Border Lands, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, BioShock, or even Madden 25th Anniversay
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dang. More shovel ware! I'll trade all those for any Zelda game.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800