Will you still game if nintendo goes out of business?

#51KeeperofthedarkPosted 2/1/2013 4:24:49 PM
AlexPuma posted...
Only time I'll stop gaming is if (or when) it moves to an all-digital medium. At that point I'd just pirate everything.

Which would make everything worse. Seriously, digital isn't that bad, done properly. Like Steam, which, to my knowledge and opinion, is the shining example. There are sales aplenty on it, and it provides utility in that you can pretty easily re install your games and such.
#52El_ZaggyPosted 2/1/2013 4:36:23 PM
lol
gaming with or without nintendo is the same,
Its true that nintendo was one of the pioneer in gaming. but now nintendo is just a joke.
Sony and Microsoft are by far better in term of hardware, software and online service.
PC is the pincale of gaming. Nintendo is at the bottom, right beside phones and tablets.
#53New LinkPosted 2/1/2013 4:45:35 PM
Gamers gonna game.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#54DrumguyPosted 2/1/2013 4:54:08 PM
Sure. Probably would go with Microsoft. There is little that I have seen from Sony that I'm interested in.
#55Xdz89Posted 2/1/2013 4:56:41 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
lol
gaming with or without nintendo is the same,
Its true that nintendo was one of the pioneer in gaming. but now nintendo is just a joke.
Sony and Microsoft are by far better in term of hardware, software and online service.
PC is the pincale of gaming. Nintendo is at the bottom, right beside phones and tablets.

And yet...they have more money, sold more units this gen and (this is an opinion!) have a more varied set of first party IPs and can still innovate on hardware and software without completely alienating their fanbase(see wii for hardware, and see most of their IPs evolution over the course of the generations for software). I own all consoles of this gen and haven't made the halfstep to wiiu yet due to pikmin 3 and W101 not being here yet, so no, I'm not a fanboy of one system, although to be fair I only recently got a ps3, but its pretty cool so far.
#56Smoking_HamsterPosted 2/1/2013 4:58:14 PM
If Nintendo went bust I would probably play games even more.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmokinghamster
#57MarioFanaticXVPosted 2/1/2013 4:58:24 PM
I'd still play video games, but unless someone steps up to the plate, I'd probably be PC-exclusive.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#58OEIO999Posted 2/1/2013 5:11:39 PM
No s***, why wouldn't I?
#59R_ChampPosted 2/1/2013 5:19:50 PM
Wait, what's this topic about? Isn't the 3DS selling like hotcakes? And the WiiU just got a ton of great announcements. Am I missing something? I think the title of this topic should be "Now that Nintendo isn't going out of business this gen will you buy some Nintendo product?"

Sure they could go out of business, anyone could, but I smell a troll...even with PS4/720, Nintendo could ride the 3DS wave alone, and they probably won't even have to.
#60WiggityWhackPosted 2/1/2013 5:42:32 PM
Grew up on Nintendo, haven't cared about them since the Wii. Their games are too kiddy and their systems are underpowered. I'm 31, I don't want to play kid games. Sorry Nintendo.