Will you still game if nintendo goes out of business?

#71trenkenPosted 2/1/2013 7:29:26 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
I'll still be enjoying M$, Sony and PC games for a long time. To be honest I havent played a Mario or Zelda game since the N64 days. The only title I actually would miss if it went away forever was future Metroid games. Hopefully their assets could be purchases like how when THQ went out of business.

Of course. I buy every console, even when they arent even that attractive to me. I bought the U and to be honest there wasnt a single game I really cared about. I bought NSMBU. Pretty challenging but ZZZZzzzz, basically the same as the previous 3. Got Mass Effect 3 which is awesome, but its also on the other 2 consoles.

Like the past few Nintendo consoles, I expect some solid first party games, not a lot but some, and a crap ton of awful ports and 3rd party casual games.

Looking forward to the playstation announcement. Ill buy that day 1 for sure. Love the PS3. Love the 360 so I want to see what MS does as well.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#72oxnerdPosted 2/1/2013 7:57:12 PM
If nintendo goes out of business it doesn't mean their franchises are gone. We'd get first person Mario shooters, hehehhe.
#73DeathSnipe777Posted 2/1/2013 7:58:34 PM
I'd be extremely sad, but there are other games and systems out there.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#74Bahamut_10thPosted 2/1/2013 8:05:19 PM
I'd probably only play a few games like MMOs or Minecraft with friends I know offline then.
#75IIICE_COLDPosted 2/1/2013 8:10:38 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
I'll still be enjoying M$, Sony and PC games for a long time. To be honest I havent played a Mario or Zelda game since the N64 days. The only title I actually would miss if it went away forever was future Metroid games. Hopefully their assets could be purchases like how when THQ went out of business.

I've personally seen no solid indication that Nintendo is interested in, nor that they might need to, go out of business. I haven't looked up how each of the 3 consoles are doing and/or who might be in the worst overall position, but I heard a rumor that it was actually Sony who may be in the most trouble, not Nintendo. And I just don't see the next generation being a 1 console era --- but even if Nintendo went away also, I'm pretty sure I just looked at pics to what appears to be a new home console.

Even if Nintendo went out of business, the major companies would probably end up having their rights sold to current developers --- where it'd be silly on their part NOT to take full control over key major legacies. So yes, I would probably still game.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#76Fou LuPosted 2/1/2013 8:36:48 PM
I'd give up on handheld games, but that's it.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#77jastenPosted 2/1/2013 9:13:01 PM
Considering I hardly play new nintendo titles since the end of the Gamecube support... no. Nintendo has been a company trading on nostalgia only to support itself with any consistency. While some might still enjoy that, I've moved beyond the next Mario or Zelda title. They've been treading water for far too long and they just don't have that appeal they used to.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#78DavCubePosted 2/1/2013 9:19:19 PM
DarkECOJak posted...
I think a lot of us will continue but be a little dead on the inside. Nintendo represents a large chunk of our childhood and seeing something you grew up with and love exit your life is a tough thing for anybody. I'm still not over the fact that Nintendo Power is gone. But at least we'd have plenty of games and memories to reflect on.

This. But hey, with the company going under the IPs would get chucked every which way. So it wouldn't really be GONE either.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#79Tsutarja495Posted 2/1/2013 11:57:26 PM
Nintendo already has 6 consoles and 5 handhelds (not counting failures and stuff not released in America). Even if they stopped right now, there are thousands upon thousands of games on their systems combined, I'd never run out even if I never bought a non-Nintendo console. So yes, I would keep going, just as a retro gamer. Nintendo for life!
#80Smoking_HamsterPosted 2/2/2013 2:15:24 AM
R_Champ posted...
Wait, what's this topic about? Isn't the 3DS selling like hotcakes? And the WiiU just got a ton of great announcements. Am I missing something? I think the title of this topic should be "Now that Nintendo isn't going out of business this gen will you buy some Nintendo product?"

Announcements don't equal profit. The company has made losses for the last two years and the CEO himself is considering resigning if fortunes don't change. That's what prompted this topic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmokinghamster