Is Nintendo Marketing the Wii U Towards too Many People?

#1weirdpenguinPosted 2/1/2013 3:50:45 PM
"Right now Nintendo has to figure out which demographic they’re going after; the casual or the hard-core gamer."

slashgamer.com/2013/01/31/no-price-cut-for-the-wii-u-in-the-immediate-future-and-what-is-wrong-with-nintendos-marketing-campaign/

Found this article online. I don't know if I agree with it per se, but I do think Nintendo is doing to many things at once
---
I'm a fanboy of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo! However, I am not a fanboy of the 32X or the CD-i.
#21shadetail1Posted 2/1/2013 3:55:10 PM
That article was ridiculous tripe. It simply declares, without a shred of evidence, that Nintendo can't market to both groups at once. Unless and until I see someone finally back up that assertion, I will consider it utter nonsense.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3shampoowarriorPosted 2/1/2013 4:00:31 PM
Not really.
The Wii U is only marketed towards Nintendo fans.

No Wii U sports or Wii Fit U yet means no casuals.
NNID and all content locked to console, no achievement system, no multiplats for most new games, and repurchasing digital software means it certainly isn't marketing toward the 360/PS3 crowd.

Just Nintendo fans, who will defend these problems with their dying breaths.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#4ADHDguitarPosted 2/1/2013 4:06:27 PM
No, the problem is that they're ONLY marketing towards the casual grandma Wii gamers, a demographic that hardly exists anymore.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5SychinLegacyPosted 2/1/2013 4:16:47 PM
weirdpenguin posted...
"Right now Nintendo has to figure out which demographic they’re going after; the casual or the hard-core gamer."

slashgamer.com/2013/01/31/no-price-cut-for-the-wii-u-in-the-immediate-future-and-what-is-wrong-with-nintendos-marketing-campaign/

Found this article online. I don't know if I agree with it per se, but I do think Nintendo is doing to many things at once

Why would a company EVER want to market to less people? That's horrible business. The problem is that a very vocal minority (HARD CORRRRRRRE GAMER) think they are better than everyone else and should be catered too. Then they get pissed at Nintendo for not doing that AND profited because of it.