When would be a good time to purchase a Wii U?

#21XRay2984Posted 2/1/2013 7:22:03 PM
Getting one for my birthday since I haven't got the money at the moment... so April for me. The Nintendo Direct sold me, as did Bayonetta 2.
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#22LeftWid3Open(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:02:43 PM
I'm sold on the fact that Pikmin 3, wind waker HD, a new Zelda, Bayonetta 2, and a new smash bros will be released. So maybe ill wait until around April/ May and grab it with a few Wii U games and Xenoblade Chronicles which I've heard wonderful things about.
#23DemonDog666Posted 2/1/2013 10:51:14 PM
LeftWid3Open posted...
I'm sold on the fact that Pikmin 3, wind waker HD, a new Zelda, Bayonetta 2, and a new smash bros will be released. So maybe ill wait until around April/ May and grab it with a few Wii U games and Xenoblade Chronicles which I've heard wonderful things about.

Maybe you should wait till those games come out to see if they are any good.
#24SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/1/2013 10:54:48 PM
Voelger posted...
Quote:Just wait till next gen consoles come out and get a ps4 or Xbox720 you won't regret it
@StealthTifa

Why are you on this board? You have nothing better to do than lurch on boards of games and systems you don't favor? You should think about why you do this and reevaluate your actions.

If you have nothing better to do than whine about his post, then why did you even have your mommy buy you a Wii U? You should think about why you do this and reevaluate your actions. Go play your ports and Mario rehash, boy.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#25Baha05Posted 2/1/2013 10:55:41 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
If you have nothing better to do than whine about his post, then why did you even have your mommy buy you a Wii U? You should think about why you do this and reevaluate your actions. Go play your ports and Mario rehash, boy.

Ohh the irony
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#26ValzacardXPosted 2/1/2013 10:56:36 PM
Basically when it has the games you want. Right not it has a lot of ports, and I'm not into Mario games, but if you are then it be a okay time.

Personally I'm waiting till Bayonetta 2, and a Wonderful 101 is out. Then I'll have something to play my huge Wii backlog on since my family constantly use the Wii for Netflix, and such.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#27PendragoonPosted 2/1/2013 11:16:51 PM
We still don't know much about the post March lineup yet, other than a few teasers and some delayed games. For now there is a solid line up of exclusives and several solid third party titles (even if most are sequels) to hold you over.

Personally, I would advise you to wait for Monster Hunter and Rayman, then dive into the Wii backlog.

Start with Xenoblade since it is quickly becoming impossible to find. (grab it asap if you see it at Gamestop, their online store inventory tracker is borked for it so call ahead)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#28lowuwPosted 2/1/2013 11:42:04 PM
I also left Nintendo during the Wii for a 360, but when my brother bought a Wii, I was hooked back on Nintendo. Once you go back to Nintendo, you'll never leave. Nintendo makes too many classic games.