Gearbox working on a new title

#11ArabrockermanXPosted 2/1/2013 3:36:04 PM
- Its a rumor based in nothing.
#12Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2013 3:37:30 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
New IP?

Gearbox! Where the hell is the Duke Nukem reboot you promissed!?

You'll have to wait a long time for that.

Maybe even... forever?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#13P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/1/2013 3:37:34 PM
RUMOR

Of course, coming from a unknown source...

- Being developed by Gearbox Software
- It's super duper early in development, it's very "bare bones" at the moment.
- It's being developed using the Unreal 4 engine.
- It's a new IP, (currently) So it's something we haven't seen yet from them.
- It's an FPS
- It's multiplatform (duh) but the only version I specifically heard about was the Wii U version
- Supposedly their PS4 devkits recently had a meltdown and they're awaiting new ones.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#14jmichaelbpPosted 2/1/2013 3:39:58 PM
Virus66 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
New IP?

I think Duke Nukem Forever kinda proved that people don't care and that they can't make Duke work nowadays.

I think DNF sold more than 1 million copies.

Plus, Gearbox has been hinting at a Duke Nukem reboot for months.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#15jmichaelbpPosted 2/1/2013 3:40:27 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
New IP?

Maybe even... forever?

It'll still come out before Versus XIII though.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#16omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:42:21 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
But but but Wii U is weak and third parties hate it?

Being realistic. With certain kind of developers. Nintendo is a love or hate thing. With Frozenbyte. Ever since I played the demo of the first Trine I knew it had a Nintendo feel. I can't put my hands on it exactly. And Next thing you know Trine 2 is a Wii U launch game. It was easy to tell that Assassin Creed 3 would come to the Wii U after the Mario reference in 2.

As for hate. Maybe this is too harsh, certain companies will avoid Nintendo like the plague. It seems that EA doesn't hate Nintendo but you can see them taking pitiful actions against them.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#17ZvolTxPosted 2/1/2013 3:43:10 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
I hope Gearbox somehow bought the Perfect Dark license from Microsoft, and are making a full remake of it. Not likely, I know, but that's the only way I'd ever be excited for an FPS.

Sad about the PS4 devkits. I hope they get new ones real quick. I'd like to see what the PS4 has in store.

Arena shooters are no fun.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#18Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2013 3:47:41 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
New IP?

Maybe even... forever?

Man, FF versus XIII.

The idea of Cloud fighting a president voiced by Adam West is an awesome idea indeed.

Actually, I couldn't care less when FFVSXIII comes out. Not just my hatred for Final Fantasy, but Square kept that in the shop, and worked on vanilla FFXIII instead, they deserve to have a game they've spent years working on, flop.

Although, I suppose a new Duke could work. Just make it play like DN3D, and make the dialogue actually funny. Get the guys who did Conker's Bad Furday to write it, whoever that was. Brits have a great sense of humor.
---
#19jmichaelbpPosted 2/1/2013 3:53:23 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
New IP?

Maybe even... forever?

Man, FF versus XIII.

The idea of Cloud fighting a president voiced by Adam West is an awesome idea indeed.

Actually, I couldn't care less when FFVSXIII comes out. Not just my hatred for Final Fantasy, but Square kept that in the shop, and worked on vanilla FFXIII instead, they deserve to have a game they've spent years working on, flop.

Although, I suppose a new Duke could work. Just make it play like DN3D, and make the dialogue actually funny. Get the guys who did Conker's Bad Furday to write it, whoever that was. Brits have a great sense of humor.

If the PS4 and 720 have tablet like controllers we could have a weapon wheel again! =D
IIf they used UE4, we could get a really good looking Duke game, since it wouldn't be using ~UE2.
Yeah they should get those guys.
---
#20Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2013 3:57:52 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
I hope Gearbox somehow bought the Perfect Dark license from Microsoft, and are making a full remake of it. Not likely, I know, but that's the only way I'd ever be excited for an FPS.

Sad about the PS4 devkits. I hope they get new ones real quick. I'd like to see what the PS4 has in store.

Arena shooters are no fun.

Except that Perfect Dark is the only good FPS to ever have been on a console. It did everything Goldeneye did, and it did it better.
And then the daring bastards at Rare built a time machine, went to 2001, played Halo, came back to 2000, and did half the things Halo did, before Halo ever did them (the interesting weapons, locales, enemies that are smarter than a sack of wet oatmeal).
---