Capcom will carefully monitor Resident Evil: Revelations on Wii U

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/1/2013 4:41:44 PM
Last month when Capcom announced that they’ll be re-releasing Resident Evil: Revelations on Wii U, many of you were excited. This port to the Wii U could be an entire new spark for the Resident Evil series if it does ell, however. Speaking to Eurogamer, producer Masachika Kawata said Capcom will be closely monitoring the feedback surrounding the port. This is good news for fans of the series, since the latest installments have bombed critically.

“I think we’ll get a lot of input from the fanbase and the media on what it means for Resident Evil, and what it could mean for the future of the series. We’ll definitely be looking at that as a signpost for where we need to be going next.”

Kawata also mentions that after the release of Revelations, Capcom will be focusing more on the horror and fear aspect of the series. It’s as if Capcom magically remembered what made the original trilogy fun, instead of trying to emulate Modern Military Shooter with Zombies 2013.

Resident Evil: Revelations fared well in reviews from fans and critics alike when it was released in January of 2012 for 3DS, so we’re eager to see what Capcom can do with the title to make it an amazing Wii U game.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#2CrimsonAtomskPosted 2/1/2013 4:45:05 PM
This news has me excited, I'm hoping they revert the series back to it's roots, because I was kind of dissapointed in 5 and 6...
---
3DS: 3093 7076 5768
PSN: Crimson_Atomsk
#3SuperShyGuy9000Posted 2/1/2013 5:00:38 PM
The recent pattern for RE games has been the better ones being on Nintendo consoles then ported.

RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, Mercenaries and Revelations all pretty good when compared to Dead Aim, Outbreak, Op Raccon City, RE5 and RE6
#4DTY3Posted 2/1/2013 5:02:50 PM
Nintendo has always gotten the best Resident Evils tbh.

Best version of RE1 (also an okay DS port)
The technical achievement that is RE2 on N64
Best versions of RE4
Two versions of Revelations
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#5Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/1/2013 5:03:34 PM
Ugh. This is always the way things go: "If this multiplatform port of a year-old game does well on Nintendo's console, we'll strongly consider further development (no we won't)."
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#6SocranPosted 2/1/2013 5:47:18 PM(edited)
Prince Shondronai posted...
Ugh. This is always the way things go: "If this multiplatform port of a year-old game does well on Nintendo's console, we'll strongly consider further development (no we won't)."

Yeah, and it's even worse considering that it's a remake of a 3DS game. Statistically speaking, the Wii U is likely to have a larger percentage of players that already played it and don't feel the need to pick up an enhanced version. (A lot of people seem to overlook that MH3U will have this same issue.)

Sequels to franchise titles whose install base is on other platforms, launch titles of games from six months ago, exclusives that are actually just enhanced ports... And the one big name standalone title, Aliens: Colonial Marines, gets its Wii U launch delayed. Blargh. Is there ever going to be a title whose performance on this system can be judged at face value? Wonderful 101, I guess...

EDIT: Also, Pandaman, PLEASE link to the actual articles at the beginning or end of your topic, and/or put the title in quotes. Otherwise it seems like you're "stealing" someone else's writing.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#7sonicsonicPosted 2/1/2013 5:46:57 PM
" so we’re eager to see what Capcom can do with the title to make it an amazing Wii U game."

It's a port of a good game... What the hell are these people expecting ?
#8SuperShyGuy9000Posted 2/1/2013 5:58:40 PM
It's funny since most of the 3DS fans like Nintendo and have already proven themselves but they want them to buy the game again.
#9Sirian_HawkPosted 2/1/2013 6:11:31 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...

It depends though. The game is actually getting ported to all 3 current consoles, not just Wii-U. I assume by watching how the port does they mean across all three. The quote mentions that the Wii-U is getting a port but not that it specifically is the only one being watched. If the source article was given we could be more sure.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#10SocranPosted 2/1/2013 6:28:05 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
It depends though. The game is actually getting ported to all 3 current consoles, not just Wii-U. I assume by watching how the port does they mean across all three. The quote mentions that the Wii-U is getting a port but not that it specifically is the only one being watched. If the source article was given we could be more sure.

Yes, but the same logic of "developer judging Wii U sales of game ported from PS3" applies to "developer judges console sales of game ported from 3DS". The fact of the matter is that it won't sell as well as if it was an independent title, and yet its impact on the future of the series (and other series) will be treated as if it was. Like when Square-Enix used sales of the DS Chrono Trigger port to decide whether to make a sequel.

The fact that the "already bought it" factor applies more to Wii U than other consoles is just icing on the "this is gonna suck" cake.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."