Capcom will carefully monitor Resident Evil: Revelations on Wii U

#11Sirian_HawkPosted 2/1/2013 5:39:49 PM
Socran posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...
It depends though. The game is actually getting ported to all 3 current consoles, not just Wii-U. I assume by watching how the port does they mean across all three. The quote mentions that the Wii-U is getting a port but not that it specifically is the only one being watched. If the source article was given we could be more sure.

Yes, but the same logic of "developer judging Wii U sales of game ported from PS3" applies to "developer judges console sales of game ported from 3DS". The fact of the matter is that it won't sell as well as if it was an independent title, and yet its impact on the future of the series (and other series) will be treated as if it was. Like when Square-Enix used sales of the DS Chrono Trigger port to decide whether to make a sequel.

The fact that the "already bought it" factor applies more to Wii U than other consoles is just icing on the "this is gonna suck" cake.

Yes, but sales will obviously be better when including all three consoles figures than just monitoring the Wii-U version. Besides, it doesn't specifically mean sales alone. It would be more about the critical feedback received. RE6 sold well enough for Capcom to accept it and move on, but they are hoping to change the opinions of the players here. So even if it doesn't sell as well because people already bought it, as long as the people who do buy it are happier with it, then it will influence all future REs.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#12ZatchBellPosted 2/1/2013 5:47:45 PM
If you want third party support you gotta buy the games. I plan to get Aliens, Injustice gods among men, and Resident Evil all third party titles. I am more interested in the third party games than the first party because most of them lack any release dates
---
Sega Fan for Life
#13leeko_linkPosted 2/1/2013 7:38:55 PM
I'm just glad they gave us this instead of RE5, 6, and Operation Raccoon City. It would be spectacular if they could remake RE2 and release that exclusively for Wii U, have play that game on the N64 and it was awesome, definitely better than the PS1, Dreamcast, and GameCube port.
#14DavCubePosted 2/1/2013 8:16:40 PM
LOL Capcom keeping a promise, that's a hoot.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#15JunahuPosted 2/1/2013 10:16:41 PM
leeko_link posted...
I'm just glad they gave us this instead of RE5, 6, and Operation Raccoon City. It would be spectacular if they could remake RE2 and release that exclusively for Wii U, have play that game on the N64 and it was awesome, definitely better than the PS1, Dreamcast, and GameCube port.

Beyond the exclusive "1st person" alternate control scheme, EX Files, "Randomiser" mode, blood/gore options and the simple technological miracle of it existing, there is nothing about the N64 port of Resident Evil 2 that has not been surpassed by the Dreamcast, PC and Gamecube ports.
#16PendragoonPosted 2/1/2013 10:23:41 PM
Hey Capcom, if I buy this will you give the Wii U a Dragon's Dogma port? And how about actually making Megaman Legends 3? And then how about you stop giving all your games on disk dlc? And how about you stop releasing Expansion packs that require me to rebuy the full game as well? *Rant continues for hours...*
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:33:17 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Hey Capcom, if I buy this will you give the Wii U a Dragon's Dogma port? And how about actually making Megaman Legends 3? And then how about you stop giving all your games on disk dlc? And how about you stop releasing Expansion packs that require me to rebuy the full game as well? *Rant continues for hours...*

This.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece