Graphically inferior or no, Nintendo is the last TRUE game console company.

#61ADHDguitarPosted 2/1/2013 8:43:13 PM
Ampharos64 posted...
SuperNESGamer posted...
Like I said, only graphically. Now go play your COD: Black Ops like a good little boy and leave the world of real, diverse gaming alone.

Uh huh. I'm pretty sure this isn't a serious topic, but still. Let's do this again, let's see what games I own for non-Nintendo systems,excluding only those that are also available on a Nintendo system, so it's biased only by my tastes and not my selection: ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Odin Sphere, Braid, Eternal Sonata, Final Fantasy XIII and XII-2, Little Big Planet and LBP 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Ni no Kuni, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia.

Do most of those games feel like console games? Well, yes, I'd say they do. Could they possibly also be enjoyed by some Nintendo fans? I'd say so - I am a Nintendo fan, after all. Let's not pretend the other systems do not have any good, original games. If I was actually attempting to come up with a list of such games rather than just one of my own collection, I could do better, even.

I love ALL dat s***.

But, as a Nintendo fan, it's very frustrating when people constantly give us bulls*** because they don't like which video games I play.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#62WiiLover94Posted 2/1/2013 8:46:33 PM(edited)
evilgreenmidget posted...
SuperNESGamer posted...
Nintendo's games tend to FEEL like console games, not just a PC trapped in a console like it's competitors.

This will be true even when the ShooterWRPGStation 4 and the ShooterWRPGBox 720 comes out later on.

Not to be rude, but do you even understand what a gaming console is? It's simply a way to escape from real life for a while in order to relax. Stating that one console is better than another is simply a matter of opinion. I for one don't care if you're playing a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, or even messing around on an old Atari. Gaming is gaming, whether or not you approve of where a console is headed in the future or not is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Booyah! This guy hit the nail on the head, no matter what system we play on, we're all gamers. Seriously, who f*ckin' cares?
---
"He never saw Molly again."
XBL GT: Hellcamino420
#63ljkkjlcm9Posted 2/1/2013 8:48:14 PM
steerepike posted...
I will never understand the "doesn't have DVD/BD playback" argument. I have five devices that play DVD's and two that play Blu-Rays in my living room right now. That's just my living room! It's sort of overkill at this point.

I will top that. My wii, ps3, 3ds, vita, kindle tablet and even my smart tv all have netflix. Half of them have amazon instant video as well! When was the last time i bought a physical dvd/bluray? All the talk about gaming going digital and people fail to see that television and movies already have. I dont need dvd or blu ray playback because i dont ever buy them.

I can almost guarantee i will get the ps4 and wiiu for the same reason i had a wii and ps3. Enough exclusive first party games to be worthwhile. Wii had plenty of good games, xenoblade chronicles was one of the best games ive ever played. Smash bros alone makes wiiu worth it to me, and a fire emblem smt crossover? SOLD. Fire emblem awakening alone made the 3ds worth it. God of war sold a psp and ps3 to me.

Any other arguments are stupid and pointless. I dont care how pretty a game is, or how powerful a system is, or even the control scheme. Just make a fun game. If i can sit there and play simple games on my tablet for an hour cause its fun, mission accomplished.

THE JACKEL
#64Ampharos64Posted 2/1/2013 8:57:27 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
I love ALL dat s***.

But, as a Nintendo fan, it's very frustrating when people constantly give us bulls*** because they don't like which video games I play.

: )

It is frustrating, I agree. But I think Nintendo fans might feel better if they recognised it's not just them. Not only do I see criticism for Nintendo and their games, but as a JRPG fan it feels like my favourite genre is constantly abused. I've been grateful for the respite offered by the positive reception of Ni no Kuni...except for the continual trolling of the game's board by those eager to comment on how 'childish' it supposedly is and to question why an adult would want to play it.

Nintendo fans dish it out as well as take it, too, I don't even own a Vita but I've felt quite a bit of sympathy with how much harassment they've received, on their own board at that.
Wish everyone would just play the games they want, and leave others alone to do the same. Hoping this console wars stuff is just a bit worse right now since it's the start of a new gen, and maybe it'll settle down somewhat eventually.
#65petran78Posted 2/2/2013 12:57:11 AM
STN79 posted...
Anyone else remember when parents thought every videogame system was Nintendo? You could have been playing your Sega Genesis and ignorant mommy would say....Hey Timmy shut off your Nintendo and come to dinner. That's how popular they were. Parents thought Nintendo was the universal word for videogame. To me they still are. Best gaming company out there! I'll take fun over power any day.

At that time in shops next to coffee filter machines, they'd sell a nintendo console. It would be hard for parents to distinguish those two
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#66StarBladeEdgePosted 2/2/2013 12:59:00 AM
SuperNESGamer posted...
Nintendo's games tend to FEEL like console games, not just a PC trapped in a console like it's competitors.

This will be true even when the ShooterWRPGStation 4 and the ShooterWRPGBox 720 comes out later on.

true words my friend

i like these words :

ShooterWRPGStation 4

ShooterWRPGBox 720

thats good ^^ i would add this too :

ShooterWRPG/CrappyNISJRPGStation 4
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#67ElectricMolePosted 2/2/2013 1:16:17 AM
video games are made on the computer. lol
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#68ajko000Posted 2/2/2013 1:18:11 AM
"SuperNESGamer"

Totally, definitely, unbiased.

No... I used to think the same, until I noticed how they're just milking the ride too, only they have their "new and unique" gimmicks.
#69Pac12345Posted 2/2/2013 2:21:35 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
XRay2984 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Except we aren't seeing the full potential of the system. Also people generally buy consoles for games.

Even if you believe that bull, again why would anyone buy the system until we do see something worthwhile, why buy it on faith when they lied their asses off for their last 2 consoles (3DS and wii), and what games on wiiU is worth buying it for, it's got like 2 half decently exclusives.

ITT: Opinion = Fact

ITT questions = opinions = facts.

DemonDog666, after this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65272903

You have lost all credibility. Get out of this topic.
#70Chocobo115Posted 2/2/2013 2:26:18 AM
No, they sold out with the Wii...