This is exactly how much power the Wii U has

#1ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/1/2013 6:03:08 PM
I posted this as a reply in another thread but I thought it would interest enough people that it should have its own.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500466

That's the NeoGAF thread that breaks down everything in the Wii U. If you want to waste DAYS reading it you can. I've read a lot of it, though honestly most just goes over my head.

The Wii U probably won't be overclocked, even if it could be. The reason the PSP was underclocked at first was to save power. The Wii U has no need for that so it wouldn't have been underclocked from the get go.

Now, believe it or not, the newer games WILL use more of the Wii U's power. All the Wii U dev kits up to #3 were less powerful than the Wii U you have sitting under your TV. One of the tweaks was raising the clock speed of the CPU in dev kit #4. All the launch games were built on those older dev kits.

**INTERESTING STUFF**

Something huge is going on in that thread right now. They pooled their money together to have the GPU scanned by a company called Chipworks. Chipworks removes the casing on the GPU with an ion blaster (how cool is that?), then they take extremely high res pictures. I believe the gaffers already received the pics and are analyzing them now. They said they'll release their findings and then we'll know exactly how powerful that gpu is.

**FINDINGS SO FAR**

The Wii U is quite a bit more powerful than the 360 and PS3. From what they know of the other next gen consoles, the CPU seems to be what will hold the Wii U back from really competing graphically. Of course, they won't know for sure until those systems are released.

The general consensus is that the Wii U was very well designed for what it is. It gets a lot of power using very little energy.
#2CaioNVPosted 2/1/2013 6:13:19 PM
Sooo... Can I download more RAM?
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#3jmichaelbpPosted 2/1/2013 6:18:58 PM
How much is quite a bit?
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#4ElectricKaibutu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:25:26 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
How much is quite a bit?

9?

I wouldn't know how to quantify that. The Wii U has a much better graphics card which equals better shaders and anti aliasing.

I don't want to pretend I'm an expert. Once they analyze their GPU findings in a week or so I'm sure they'll lay it all out. It'll hit the news like when that hacker Marcan figured out the Wii U's CPU's clockspeed.
#5geneticsftwPosted 2/1/2013 6:56:24 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
How much is quite a bit?

a large number or amount
---
Sweet
#6SuperShyGuy9000Posted 2/1/2013 7:37:39 PM
Serious discussion, few replies
#7Enigma149Posted 2/1/2013 7:46:44 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
How much is quite a bit?

About 1/8th of quite a byte.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#8Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2013 7:50:54 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Serious discussion, few replies

You expected this to be New York, and got Alert instead.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#9knightimexPosted 2/1/2013 8:43:57 PM
oO

tech numbers....

time to nerd out.

brb
---
Old School Games FTW!
#10knightimexPosted 2/1/2013 8:48:30 PM
I like those numbers.

I'm not worried about the cpu as it looks like it can handle things on it's own quiet well.
gpu is promising as well.

Far better than ps3 and Xbox 360 as it should be.
---
Old School Games FTW!