EA Snubs Wii U Again? Madden 25 Isnt Coming To Wii U

#51Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/2/2013 8:05:14 AM
baddog992 posted...
This could be a troubling trend if it continues. I like Nintendo but having good 3rd party support can only help a console. I hope EA has a change of heart because this wouldnt be great for Nintendo. Also EA just made a comment about spending "$80 million dollars in software development for "gen 4" consoles. And, by the sound of things, he's not including the Wii U in that definition, "We see a pretty sharp distinction, and unfortunately I'm unable to go any further than that," he said on an earnings conference call."

I hope they have a change of heart on this.

Gen 4 consoles are SNES and Genesis.....
#52SL68Posted 2/2/2013 8:09:01 AM
They saw that the Wii U has no future and decided to stop supporting it. Simple business decision.
#53shampoowarriorPosted 2/2/2013 8:31:12 AM
As much as I don't care for Madden, not having it is no more of a good thing for the Wii U than not having achievements. For better or worse, there are people who primarily play EA sports games. And guess who has no reason to buy a Wii U now.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#54STE573Posted 2/2/2013 8:32:38 AM
It's probably more to do with difficulty optimising the new engine and that the game has been in development for some time rather than them being butthurt. Because, lets be fair here, EA are all about money, they aren't ones to throw away easy money with a cheap and easy port over as stupid a reason as that.

Anyway, my point is paper thin anyway as I don't think the Wii U has the right installed demographic for Madden compared to say the 360 for instance.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#55aredd007Posted 2/2/2013 10:23:55 AM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
EA be butthurtin like a whiny lil beach.

Just like all the Wii U fanboys here crying about EA.
#56usfslackerPosted 2/2/2013 11:52:41 AM
STE573 posted...
It's probably more to do with difficulty optimising the new engine and that the game has been in development for some time rather than them being butthurt. Because, lets be fair here, EA are all about money, they aren't ones to throw away easy money with a cheap and easy port over as stupid a reason as that.

Anyway, my point is paper thin anyway as I don't think the Wii U has the right installed demographic for Madden compared to say the 360 for instance.

Not to sound antagonistic, but none of these reasons are remotely true/viable for the long term health of a business in this industry:

1) Madden, by this point, has been in development for like 3 days. Unfortunate trend of yearly releases recycling the same everything year after year.

2) The last Madden on the Wii U was the definition of a cheap port, and one that came months late, btw.

3) The Wii U doesn't have ANY install base yet, such is the nature of a new console. You know what the best way to insure that that install base never becomes viable for Madden? Not making it for that console. The Wii U is a next gen machine, a point which is uncontested as far as the casual Madden playing base goes. You can't tell me the COUNTLESS opportunities a football game could have by using the GamePad (drawing plays coach style anyone?) wouldn't be able to win over a few Madden fans.

4) Further point on number 3: Is EA not going to make Madden games for PS4 or the NeXtBox? You know, with a 0 install base, they don't exactly have the Madden population locked up either. That's it then? EA is gonna support the PS360 forever?

5) Sales of the previous Madden on WiiU mean absolutely nothing. Madden is a title that sells 90% of its total in the first week on sale. Coming out 3 months too late doomed the WiiU madden, nothing else. The game being an incredibly lazy port only hurt things.

As much as I don't give a flying **** about Madden (or GTA, or COD, or Tomb Raider, or...) on WiiU, it is a terrible loss for the platform, and a completely braindead business decision on EA's part.

The only thing that justifies this decision is that EA takes so much money from MS to make sure your average brain dead consumer thinks Madden is an Xbox exclusive that they wouldn't take the chance to show off even an amazing WiiU version and it would languish on shelves anyways...
---
PSN ID: USFSlacker86
No, that is not true at all. Something = good is either true or false. It is not construed as an opinion. -Conker
#57mjc0961Posted 2/2/2013 12:00:48 PM
b1gt0ne posted...
Madden is good all of a sudden??

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#58Newbie00Posted 2/2/2013 8:38:39 PM
mjc0961 posted...
b1gt0ne posted...
Madden is good all of a sudden??

It's not about Madden being good. It's about getting third party games on the system so more people buy the console and other devs having greater incentive to develop for the console that way.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#59devastatorX2Posted 2/2/2013 8:59:45 PM
Both PS4 and 720 are coming this year.
Nintendo should be scared.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/02/01/with-sony-set-to-reveal-ps4-when-will-microsoft-respond/

Wii- U only costs $350 because of the tablet and touch screen. Without it, it would be a $150 console.

---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#60DarkAdonis123Posted 2/2/2013 9:04:44 PM
NinjaDBL posted...
Why u so mad Wii U board?

Fix'd
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue