SSBM fans spend $94,683 to get Melee in Evo

#1Ryu XPosted 2/1/2013 7:58:21 PM
Ok so Melee fans spent a total of $94,683, which is getting donated to breast cancer research just so they could get Melee in Evo.

So what is so great about Melee, so called pro players just abuse glitches in the game and call it skill. When those glitches were taken out of Brawl they call that game trash. So wants the point of Melee tournament anyway, everyone just uses Fox and fights on final destination with no items.
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/1/2013 7:59:40 PM
Trying too hard.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#3pafbonkPosted 2/1/2013 8:15:57 PM
What's evo?
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#4sentoworfPosted 2/1/2013 8:17:26 PM
pafbonk posted...
What's evo?

That thing where your Pikachu becomes a Raichu.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5The_Nega_ShadowPosted 2/1/2013 8:29:25 PM
Prize money.
---
tumut
Praise the lord, our one true Fonz!
#6Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2013 8:38:47 PM
I say they should make it so there can only be a certain amount of people playing as one character, and should force them to play on different levels, with items on.

Items you use, and how you interact with the level are a huge part of the depth of SSBM.
The glitches don't feel like glitches, they feel like they were put there on purpose (they weren't), and they've become staples of the game.

The depth of the game is based around how you create combos using your characters own arsenal of attacks, universal attacks, such as throwing items, items themselves, and the stage hazards. If you don't play with items, you might as well not play at all.

And hell, if you don't want to use items, don't.
If you're good enough, you should be able to beat someone regardless of whether they have a beam sword or not.

Of course you wouldn't be playing with hammers, as those are the only truly broken items in the game.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#7silverbulltPosted 2/1/2013 8:53:21 PM
pafbonk posted...
What's evo?

A fighting genre "pro" tourney.
http://evo.shoryuken.com/
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#8YoyokuKOPosted 2/1/2013 8:56:42 PM
butthurt can fund anything for the wrong reasons
#9COlimar788Posted 2/1/2013 9:13:08 PM
ITT: People who don't even try to understand fighting games, or competitive games at all for that matter.

Melee is not competitive because of wavedashing, or because of L-cancelling, or because of any other "glitches" you may point fingers at. It's competitive because it is designed to be competitive, and the designers were successful.

As far as I can tell, Melee got into Evo for two reasons:

1. People simply like the game, which is pretty darn understandable since it's undeniably great!

2. People want to try and make a statement about Smash Bros. and how it can be a successful fighting game. Say what you like about Melee or Brawl, but Brawl is not designed to be a competitive experience. One can hope that, if the fans of Smash can put this much money towards Melee getting into Evo, the designers of Smash 4 may look at this and see that there is a huge want for the series to be, well, a fighting game.
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#10AwayFromHerePosted 2/1/2013 9:14:27 PM
The telling thing is if people will actually watch.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.