SSBM fans spend $94,683 to get Melee in Evo

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/2/2013 5:25:48 AM
People stick to melee because they sunk years into it and don't want to learn something new.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#22GloryChaosPosted 2/2/2013 5:47:36 AM
COlimar788 posted...

Melee is not competitive because of wavedashing, or because of L-cancelling, or because of any other "glitches" you may point fingers at. It's competitive because it is designed to be competitive, and the designers were successful.

I'd laugh but that would be downright rude. Can you elaborate on this? Because while I believe that melee can easily be a fun, competitive game with a healthy tournament scene, I do not understand where your statement comes from.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#23robinhoekPosted 2/2/2013 5:56:12 AM
BigJon1448 posted...
chaos_controlr posted...
Id like to see smash bros not turn into another competitive fighter. I think brawl nailed it with its level of fun and competitiveness as well as its accessibility and ability to get pretty good without investing your whole life into the game.

Tripping needs to go. And the floaty mechanics. Other than that, sure.

But Melee is the only thing that fills the void right now.

I think they have the jump and falling mechanics down honestly. I think tripping, huge ledge grabbing hit boxes and invulnerable frames, and excessive knock back need tweaked.
#24Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 2/2/2013 6:09:49 AM
In this topic: scrubs who whine about competitive play, even though they don't have to be anywhere near it.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#25toad133Posted 2/2/2013 7:04:42 AM(edited)
GloryChaos posted...
COlimar788 posted...

Melee is not competitive because of wavedashing, or because of L-cancelling, or because of any other "glitches" you may point fingers at. It's competitive because it is designed to be competitive, and the designers were successful.

I'd laugh but that would be downright rude. Can you elaborate on this? Because while I believe that melee can easily be a fun, competitive game with a healthy tournament scene, I do not understand where your statement comes from.

This. Sakurai says himself he regrets how competitive Melee was, but he never said it was intended to be competitive. It seems more to me that it happened accidently during development, similar to how SF2 accidently invented combos.

And it being at Evo won't change anything. SFxT got into Evo 2011 but no one really cared about it because the fighting game community as a whole didn't think it was competitive with features like the gems. The same is likely to happen to Melee due to people perceiving it moreso as a party game than an actual fighter.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.